SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139374 - 02/27/05 04:32 PM A Little Time For Me
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi All,

I stated a little while back that I had writers block!! Well I'm not sure it is over with this effort but we shall see. When I (used to) write it usually comes quite quickly when I have an idea but this really has been a labour (or a labor depending on which side of the pond you are on ).

I'm still not entirely happy with it. I thought of cutting the bridge out altogether and going straight to the last chorus after the second verse but thought I would post it first and see what you guys think.

I think it a little long (and durge like! ) so chopping bits may help with that. All comments really (really) appreciated.

Lastly I had real trouble singing this. I intended it to build up to a powerful ballad type end in the chorus but I have not got the voice for that. If any of you real singers wants to sing it how it should be sung I would be honoured (and delighted.) I know how it sounds in my head but I can't translate that to my voice.

Ok here it is ..... see what you think.....
A Little Time For Me

Oh and lastly (properly lastly ) I wrote it about a 'friend' of mine, who for once has given ME something in that she annoyed me enough to inspire me to write again!
Best wishes and thanks
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#139375 - 02/27/05 04:51 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Hi, Tony, good job. Did you record it all over your keyboard or through live band (aka, real guitar, etc)?

#139376 - 02/27/05 05:12 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
Tony W Offline

Hi tigerfool,
Thanks for the listen,
It was recorded on the Tyros in it's entirity. (well apart from the vocal which went through the Ty and into the pc via Adobe audition, which used to be cool edit pro).

I have always thought the guitars were the best thing on the Tyros. They may not fool a demanding ear all of the time but they are among the best I have ever heard on a keyboard. (Or maybe I just don't get out enough )
Best wishes
Tony

#139377 - 02/27/05 05:46 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Really?That is really Cool. Although I played my Tyros for about 2 months. I still thought it is really guitar!

Thanks for sharing Tony, again.

#139378 - 02/27/05 05:58 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
Dnj Offline

Nice job Tony......another classic!!

#139379 - 02/27/05 06:10 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Great job. The vocals could have been a bit more up front, wonderful lyrics and the guitar was superb.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#139380 - 02/27/05 10:01 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Tony,

Good to hear your music again !! I agree with Gary - the balance could be a little more in favor of your voice. Good song and really good "articulation" on the guitars.

vc

------------------
Vern

#139381 - 02/27/05 11:24 PM Re: A Little Time For Me
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Hi Tony,

A breath of fresh air! I really like your voice. The music is nice and subtle, with spot-on timing. The song sounds like it should be on a record

Some (real) female background harmonies might make it even better!

Carrie

#139382 - 02/28/05 04:35 AM Re: A Little Time For Me
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Tony

Thanks for getting new inspiration

The tune and the arrangement definitely one of your best to date. This is a strong melody which stays a long time in the mind afterwards.
I would have liked to hear a stronger vocal from you, the accompaniment from the guitar is splendid but just tends to drown out your special voice. Actually, I would prefer you to raise the volume of the vocal rather than take down the accmpt., because your guitar playing is top notch.
In actual fact, before I typed this mail, I was in the middle of downloading some mp3's of Damien Rice from his album "O" and as I was listening to the track"Cannonball", I realised how close his voice was to yours at the start of the track. He does later on the track raise the volume of his voice, which gives it a real something.
I believe your special voice requires more space on your mp3.
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#139383 - 02/28/05 07:36 AM Re: A Little Time For Me
Tony W Offline

Donny,
Thanks so much my friend. Now if I could only get the power in my voice that you have in yours I would be a happy man..... I know what you are going to say... PRACTICE PRACTICE and then PRACTICE some more

Gary,
Thanks for the listen. I am fast coming to the conclusion that I really need to get some new monitors. On my mix the vocal really does sit on top of the music. I know I have always been wary of pushing my vocal too far forward (prefering my voice to be back in the mix) but I really did try to push it forward this time. That is the trouble I think unless you have vast mixing experience, you never quite know how your mix is going to sound on someone else's equipment.

Vern,
Thanks for the listen. As I said to Gary I did try to push my vocal forward in the mix. I have to say I am pleased at how well the guitar sounds. It is nice to hear that others notice it as well.

Carrie,
Wow! Thanks for the compliment! Was that an offer (re the female harmony ) I think once it is cleaned up a bit I may send this one out as a demo... then again I always say that and never do it! Do you find you get a positive response when you send out your work? I am a member of the Guild of International songwriters and composers and their magazine lists loads of places to send to but I always bottle out at the last minute

Eddie,
Thankyou my friend,
You are always so positive about my efforts. It is truly appreciated. I have a natural ability to see the worst in my stuff (whatever I do, but writing in particular) and the enthusiasm you always show really does spur me on to believe that my efforts may have at least a little merit.
We may never have met but you have been as important with regard to inspiring me to persevere as if you had stood over me with a ruler demanding I practice my scales.(as did my old piano teacher )
Very best wishes
Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online