SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139306 - 02/24/05 05:06 PM Check out my new web site
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Here's a new web site I just built. It is in has the basic set up I was looking for although I'll probably continue tweaking it.

I am especially interested in load time for people that don't have DSL/Cable.

I am also wondering how the sound turned out as I have only one speaker working on my computer right now.

If you have the time, I invite you to sign my Guestbook.

Curious as to your thoughts how it comes across.
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Thanx
Scott Langholff

#139307 - 02/24/05 05:44 PM Re: Check out my new web site
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Scott: Impressive site in ALL respects. Terrific website design & navigation. Pages & song demos load near instantly on my DSL connection. OUTSTANDING music. Curious what keyboard(s) was used for each of your songs. Which ones were performed on the Tyros? Congratulations on your new website, of which I'm confident will reward you with terrific $ gig bookings. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#139308 - 02/24/05 05:57 PM Re: Check out my new web site
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

The site looks great. The only problems I had were with the navigation. Once you get to the guest book page, there was no link back to the home page. Same for the calendar page. Just minor things. As for the MP3s, I would have had to download a plug in to listen to them, and I just don't do plug-in downloads anymore. One caused my desktop to crash last summer and I spent two weeks working from the laptop until I was able restore everything. How did you post the MP3s on the page?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#139309 - 02/24/05 06:03 PM Re: Check out my new web site
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi Scott,
I like the looks of your web site. Very nice. I think there is much more music on your demo page than necessary. Especially since one has to liten to them in their own oeder and can not skip around. I think some people may lose interest long before hearing the entire routine, which I think would be a shame but I still think that's what will happen. And if they want to hear a particular number at/near the end of your list but have to sit through the whole thing, well....

This is just my opinion however. And I do applaud you on your general idea as well as the nice performances.
Btw, the sound was fine on my pc, though perhaps a little soft.

Very nice site Scott. Don't let my negativism throw you. Heck, what do I know anyways?

Thanks for sharing,
Best regards

------------------
The old Newb

#139310 - 02/24/05 07:27 PM Re: Check out my new web site
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scott.....loved the site...great music... good layout...loaded fast...clear beautiful
sounds.....and a plus...a Frank Sinatra Jr.
look-a-like photo.....good show....

#139311 - 02/24/05 08:05 PM Re: Check out my new web site
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Hi, Scott, well done.

The only thing that I donot like is the Quicktime plugin. how about Real Player? I use Firefox and I hate quicktime.

#139312 - 02/24/05 08:30 PM Re: Check out my new web site

Thanks for the good feedback.

ScottY: I used my Tyros on everything except the jam song I did on the "About" page. There I used my old Technics KN1000.

I thought I'd stick that tune in because I decided to play it pretty straight on the main demo page so that prospective clients could hear a rather wide variety of the kind of songs and styles I do, as well as the sounds of the Tyros. I also decided for me, it was just as important to use the intro and endings on most of the tunes even though I sometimes only played 8 measures, because it is really part of the package.

Gary: Plug in? I thought this would play pretty much on everyones computer as I used Windows Media Player.

As far as the MP3's, I used Yahoo site builder. I just press insert and pick the mp3, and position it however I want.

OldNewB: I know what you are saying. Originally I was going to do each song seperately. But, I will have to learn how to do that. I tried it and got one of those little "players" for every tune. I thought all I would need is one player and somehow link the songs to the one player.

On the other hand a serious client would probably be willing to hear the whole thing and is liable to hear something they like that they possibly would have missed otherwise.

Thanks Tony

tigerfool: I used Windows Media Player. I figured most people already have that. Any other ideas on this. I don't want to limit who would listen to my demos.

Thanx
Scott

#139313 - 02/24/05 08:45 PM Re: Check out my new web site
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

At the bottom of the page was a download icon that said download plugin.

You should be able to post the MP3 independently on the page. It's just a matter of creating links at each song title. In doing this, the client can listen to the type of music they enjoy, download time is much faster, and they have an option. The way it is set up currently, they have no option. On dial-up, someone my age would be eligible for Social Security the second time around before the songs downloaded, and that would be if I could hook up at 56K, which is extrmely rare.

I'll give you a call tomorrow after I clear the snow from the driveway and try to fill in the blanks on how this is accomplished.

Overall, the site really looks great, initial loading time was very fast at 33,333 and I really liked the layout.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#139314 - 02/24/05 09:25 PM Re: Check out my new web site

Happened to remember that one can advance the player anywhere they want to. Just like a cassette player. Fast Forward, Rewind, Pause, ...............

I'm also going to call the free phone help that is available again. This time I will make sure I find someone who knows more about it than I do.

I'm still undecided on the demo set up. I will probably continue to try different things as I go. I found it kind of enjoyable working on it actually.

#139315 - 02/24/05 09:49 PM Re: Check out my new web site
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Happened to remember that one can advance the player anywhere they want to. Just like a cassette player. Fast Forward, Rewind, Pause, ...............I'm still undecided on the demo set up.

ScottL, For whatever it's worth, I personally really LIKE your demo setup the way it works. I found it convenient to easily skim thru & select songs this way. Curious what website developer you used to help you create site. I assume it's them that is providing the FREE phone help, right? - Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online