SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138589 - 04/19/06 04:03 PM Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
Dnj Offline

http://www.tonywmusic.co.uk/covers.html

Tony, I love that unplugged guitar on the cover "Love Hurts" nice job!!
Tell us more........BTW how ya doing with your new KB?

#138590 - 04/19/06 05:25 PM Re: Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK

Nice to know that someone pops to my site now and then Donny

The song is recorded on the Tyros 1 and this was one of my favourite styles. I think (but can't quite remember) it was called unplugged or maybe unplugged2?

As you know I don't usually do covers simply because others do them much better than I but in the case of this one I was quietly pleased (or at least not displeased) with the result.

I am still tweaking away with the new board (G70) trying to make it right for me. There are some things I am finding frustrating to be honest but there are other things that I love.

Why can't buying a keyboard be like buying a sandwich at the deli? ..... I'll have some of this and some of that but leave that off. THEN I might not have to spend so much money on this hobby/passion/madness
Best wishes
Tony

#138591 - 04/19/06 07:02 PM Re: Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
Dnj Offline

Tony your very welcome .....Im always surfing, listening, & learning.....your site looks great.......good luck with the new G70........love to hear some songs when you really get into it........what are some of your thoughts so far pro/con?

#138592 - 04/20/06 07:44 AM Re: Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, as usual I enjoyed all your songs, but on Daddy Don't Cry the background was amazing. Was that an arranger? Drums were at least on a par with Ketron.
DonM

#138593 - 04/20/06 01:26 PM Re: Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony, sounds good...Are any of the tunes done on the G70?

#138594 - 04/20/06 04:23 PM Re: Tony W... UNPLUGGED........Luv Hurts
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Don and Fran,
The background on 'Don't Cry Daddy' was again done on the tyros 1 when I had it. If I remember correctly I had routed the drums out through sub 1 and 2 to my mixer to give them a little more punch as I considered that they were a little lacking in the original style (the name of which I don't recall). Glad you liked it though

Fran, at the moment none of my posted songs were done on the G70. I am working on something at the moment and will post it when I am finished. I am a little daunted however in that my own lack of musical ability will reflect badly on the G70 which already comes in for some criticism (much of it unwarranted in my humble opinion.) Hence I am spending more time than usual refining the edges so that 'I' don't make the G70 look bad.

Maybe this is not the thread for it but my opinion is that the G70 sounds more like a live band than anything else I have heard. The key feel/responsiveness is absolutely better than any other keyboard I have owned.(and I've owned most of the top end boards) The more you play on these keys the more you want to play.

It has weaknesses of course but so has every other board I have ever owned in one way or another. Until you can buy a RolYamKetKor keyboard none of them will keep us all happy all of the time.

If I dislike one thing the most about the G70 it is the way that the intro/endings are allocated to just one set of buttons. This however is probably more to do with me being used to the Tyros/yamaha system than the fault of the G70 though. I'm sure I'll get used to it and the trade off for that keybed is worth it! (Did I mention the keys )

I do do do like the intro 2 feature though in that the intro was sampled all in one key so that you can change chords during the intro. This makes the styles infinately versatile because you have total control over the intro. Not sure if any of the other current baords utilise this feature but I like it a lot and feel sure it will appear on all boards in the future.
Ok I'll stop waffling now and I will try to stop answering questions nobody asked
Very best wishes
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online