SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138406 - 04/13/03 08:20 AM PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Its happened the last two nights: In the middle of a song, the bass note of one chord kept playing even after I went to the next chord of the song.

The first time it happened, I turned off the unit and it corrected when turned back on. Last night, when it happened again, I, quickly, turned the Accomp button off and on without stopping the song. That also worked.

Any clues as to what might be wrong or needs to be checked?

Eddie

#138407 - 04/13/03 12:03 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
Dnj Offline

Eddie,

It might be time to change the Key Strips underneath they could be worn....
I had these problems with the 9k before I got rid of them. It costs about $100.00 including the parts/service charge.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#138408 - 04/13/03 03:27 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Eddie,
I think Donny is right. If I recall you play lots of gigs, and in time, those pad switches can wear. If I recall, the pads sell for about $60 and it takes about an hour to install them. It's not a difficult job, but you have to know what you're doing.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#138409 - 04/13/03 06:48 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
btweengigs Offline

Thanks guys.
I didn't think of the key contact strips as a possible culprit..and maybe that is the problem. Other Yamaha boards I have had required strip changes every year...but the symptoms were a bit different. Worn key strips usually result in specific notes losing touch sensitivity. This bass note hang up is all new to me.

I had a 4 hour job tonight and the problem did not re-occur...but I am not fool-hardy enough to believe it fixed itself.

I will check on the key strip though. Thanks again.
Eddie

#138410 - 04/13/03 08:18 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Eddie, keyboards fix themselves all the time, It will work fine, at least till you are playing a wedding ceremony with here comes the bride[ That Bb will sound great , hung up with the Bridal March]

#138411 - 04/14/03 07:01 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Eddie,
I had a problem with my PSR 2000 recently that the Track 1 button stopped working. The indicator light would not turn on. I did a system reset (holding down the far right "C", the last note while turning it on. There were a few things I had to reset to the way I like the keyboard to work but it did not affect my favorites, name, etc. but I backed them up before anyway.

That seemed to fix the problem. Could be just a glitch. Intermittent problems are the hardest to find. If it is the same note each time then it is probably the key switch as the others have mentioned. If it is a different note each time a reset might help it.
Hopefully it will be something that does not cost anything to fix.

Good luck,
- Brian

#138412 - 04/14/03 08:10 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
btweengigs Offline

Brian...
Thanks for the reset reminder. I forgot about that.
Eddie

#138413 - 04/17/03 09:41 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
btweengigs Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MagicUser:
I did a system reset. There were a few things I had to reset the way I like

Been awhile since I did a System Reset. I seem to remember it reverted to several defaults which I had to change to my preference. But, after a reset today I can't find any needed adjustments. Can anyone think of something I should be looking for?
Eddie

#138414 - 04/17/03 10:47 PM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
One of them is your Fingering Style. I think the default is Fingered. I use Full Keyboard mode most of the time myself. The song Chain Play is set to Off after a Reset. I think the Auto-Revoice function is also disabled on Reset. The Split Point is set I believe to F# on Reset. Touch Sensitivity is set to Normal on Reset. Transpose Assign: is set to "Master". Freeze Group Settings are affected so check them out. Make sure your Digital Recording/Song Creator/Channel/#5-SetUp is set according to your preferences.

It's late..... There may be more but I'm starting to doze off. Hope some of these suggestions help.

Best regards,
Mike

#138415 - 04/18/03 06:13 AM Re: PSR2000 Bass Note Hang Up
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don't forget about the EQ settings on the mixing console--they also revert to factory default settings.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online