SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138325 - 11/15/00 04:56 PM Bad experience
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I ordered two blemished speakers off of Musiciansfriend site. It looked like a good deal. Then a day later they email me to say that those items are gone and offer to sell me something else. I write them and tell them to email me ASAP with a list of any blemised speakers that I can in fact buy immediately. I'll let you know what happens. I think they advertise stuff they really don't have and or they let the advertisment run after the product is sold instead of taking it off of their site.

You know this is a trick used by automobile dealers which I can't understand why someone can't put a stop to it. I see car sales ads run for a month or two after they have been sold. This use to be called false advertising and use to be against the law. Has anyone here had a good experience with any internet sites on gear that was advertise on special. If so please let me know of the store and I will get my gear from them. USA dealer please.

#138326 - 11/15/00 05:59 PM Re: Bad experience
Clif Anderson Offline

If they accepted your order, they should send you unblemished speakers for the same price if they do not have the unblemished ones.

#138327 - 11/15/00 07:20 PM Re: Bad experience
brickboo Offline

Thanks for your support guys. I sent a nasty letter telling them that I write to Musician's forums on a daily basis and I'd be sure and tell of my experience. And guess what? I did get another email saying that they are going to process my order ASAP. Then I got another email that said they were out of the item like the first email they sent. So I emailed them again. I'll be sure and keep the forum posted on this matter. I hate and despise this kind of dealing. Tthey should have someone up-date their sales daily. I've been seeing these items for over three weeks on their site.

#138328 - 11/15/00 11:54 PM Re: Bad experience
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, I'll bet it's more inefficiency than deliberate deceit. Musician's Friend is a very reputable company. I'm with Dave--I'll bet if you raise enough hell they'll take care of you. You will have to get through to a real person. Many internet responses are computer-generated.
Tell them you are a brick-layer and you will come and build them a custom-made firewall around their computer if they don't treat you right.
DonM

#138329 - 11/16/00 11:52 AM Re: Bad experience
brickboo Offline

Well folks I talked to a real person this morning. They said they were out of the item. But this is after I received an email that in fact stated that my order was being process and they would email me a tracking number.

I don't think they have their stuff together. No one to over see these problems. No body knows what the next department is doing. And I insist that they are delibrately runnig ads that should be pulled. I notice that after my email they removed this speaker from their list of blemished products. They must have an ex automobile sales CEO working for them now.

I'll be sure and continue to let peole on this site know what is going on. I won't tolerate this from any dealer of any product.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online