SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1377 - 12/03/05 07:22 AM I need some advice/help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help me. I'm currently in a band and we play Deftones kind of metal music. I currently have some CDJ's but I want to get out of scratching and into the sampling area for our band. The only problem is I dont know what to buy and where to start! I'm looking for something that makes some nice sample noises, and I'm also looking for a Synth. I'm really looking for some good equipment which will go well with Deftones style metal music, and I'm on a tight budget to it can't be anything too expensive.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Alex.

#1378 - 12/03/05 08:48 AM Re: I need some advice/help...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi!
Your question and simlar kinds of questions has been answered here many many times and you will be able to find all the answers and advice you need just by checking a few posts below this one and doing an archive search.

If you are planning on getting something that you can use for live gigs there are many workstations (Motif, Triton, Phantom) that can handle samples without a problem. There are also dedicated samplers and sample players. Another alternative would be to get a laptop and a KB controller (out of all options it is probably the one that will give you more flexibility and choice).

So here you go. Either a synth workstation with sampling option or a software based setup. Now that I've pointed you in the right direction feel freee to check other threads and read what's been posted here over and over and over again.

Later,

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online