SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#137558 - 04/09/02 07:17 AM Solton SD1 sequence on Cakewalk
Beniamino Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello,

I have a question concerning sequences created on the Solton SD1. When playing back an SD1 sequence thru calkwalk (using GM MIDI 1 on the SD1) the drum track 9 does not play what was recording on the SD1. All other tracks seem to play the right instrument including drum track 10. Is there a way around this ?

Also does anyone know how to store in a registration memory one of the One Touch settings. Example: calling up a block registration and having it display the perferred One Touch setting for that registration. It works with the Style setting but does it have the capablility to do the same with the One Touch ?

Thanks !
Ben

#137559 - 04/09/02 03:57 PM Re: Solton SD1 sequence on Cakewalk
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Hi Beniamino

a) By default Midi In 1 is set to "GM", Midi In 2 set to "Keyboard" (Menue F6). The life drums on channel 9 sound wrongly. If you switch Midi In 1 to "Keyboard" (or use Midi In 2 port) it sounds correct. However there are other, possibly undesired, effects if recording in this position. This is however not an error, it's just the purpose which is different. Recording on a diskette and
replay it via midi cable would be another work around.

b) I only use Single Registrations presume however it works the same way. The 1 touch button status as well as the sound position is saved with the registration, provided it is switched on in the menue utility / registration mode / tabs. If a registry is called, my 1 touch button is lit on. Unfortunately the display doesn't show the sound, but hitting the button off / on (to show the 1 touch display) proves, that the correct sound was positioned.

I hope this helped

Rgds
Hansruedi

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online