SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#137167 - 06/28/06 10:32 AM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill , Roland used the chord sequencer for years[nothing new]..And it works as you understand it... The other companies know about it..it just was never in the forefront of the market[Roland]..

Squeak the chord memory is a great idea on the workstation, but is nothing [or as useful] as on Roland's prior arranger models...

Bill it may be easy to program via software, but the hardware buttons[access] make it work in realtime..It can't be an after thought to do it right..

#137168 - 06/28/06 05:45 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Guitar players have access to this technology, why can't we. I have seriously considered buying a loop recorder just for this reason. It doesn't give the flexibility you mentioned, but it does offer a hands free set of phrases. Hi tech isn't always the best.

I just purchased a 30 yr old set of Crumar bass pedals to replace two midi pedalboards I could never get satisfaction from. They're great, and do the job exactly as I want it done.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-28-2006).]

#137169 - 06/29/06 08:17 AM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Believe me, guys (and girls!), I have made about as big a stink about the loss of this feature to Roland as anyone can........... Come to the Danish G70 forum and check it out. I think everyone thinks I'm crazy, there!

I had a RA90, G800, and G1000 as my rig developed, and as soon as the G800 (first which had the Chord sequencer) came out, I 'got it'. Playing the chords on an arranger is a terrible waste of a good left hand - once you've played them once, it's redundant - but you don't want to give up the flexibility of arranger play and move to SMFs to completely free your LH.............

I have posted (at length) to Roland - who DO monitor our forum - about workarounds they could make in the OS to return some of the functionality of the Chord Sequencer to the G70 (and by extension, ALL the new Roland arrangers) but the silence is deafening......... Roland first dropped the chord sequencer on the VA series, which turned out to be such a flop that few even saw one, yet alone bought one, so few of us using G800s and G1000s even knew that Roland had stopped implementing it. It was a complete shock to see the G70 without one.

Now I know the G70s sequencer will record the arranger, but Roland made no provision for looping the recording, or starting it on-the-fly after the recording, so there is no practical way to do this in any limited form with the current OS.

Please, ALL you G800/1000 users, who are thinking of getting into the next generation of arrangers (and making Roland a LOT of money!), make your voices heard......... Phone Roland, post emails, post in all the fora you can, let's put pressure on Roland to re-introduce this BASIC feature and GIVE US BACK OUR LEFT HAND!!

Other manufacturers keyboard users, start making waves! This is probably the most useful function YOUR keyboard doesn't do.............

Abacus.......... it's hobbyists that benefit the MOST from this feature, not the professional.... imagine how much easier it is for a hobbyist to play a good solo if they don't have to worry about getting the chords right......... play the chords only the first verse and chorus, hit play on the fly, and then concentrate on the solo. Brilliant!

#137170 - 07/01/06 10:30 AM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

I'm on a one man crusade, apparently (but my ranks are swelling slowly)........

GET ON BOARD!

Absolutely the most day-to-day useful feature NONE OF YOU HAVE...........

#137171 - 07/01/06 11:17 AM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm on a one man crusade

Hey Diki, you obviously 'overlooked' MY reply on this same tread:

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

I encourage others here to jump on the 'live rec' Chord Sequencer feature bandwagon now, to let the arranger keyboard manufacturers (not just Roland) how important & useful a 'live record' Chord Sequencer feature would be.

Scott

#137172 - 07/02/06 02:05 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

As I said, my ranks are swelling....... (thanks Scott!) Let's just keep discussing how useful this feature is, and maybe ways to even improve it from the G1000 implementation.

One thing I always wished for was a way to, once you've recorded your loop and started playback, if you stop the loop for a bit of improvisation, or a bridge that only comes up occasionally, I would like the option to continue the loop from the stop point, or go back to the top of the loop. Easy enough with a Play AND a Continue button.

Any G1000 users out there with ideas to improve an already brilliant feature?

#137173 - 07/08/06 01:46 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

Bump........

Can't believe you get all excited about each incremental improvement in your arrangers, yet here is a fundamental improvement to the whole experience, and it gets barely a yawn..........

#137174 - 07/18/06 12:32 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

That's enough time on the 2nd page........

C'mon, if you DON'T like this feature, TELL ME WHY NOT.........

(If you do, add your voice, the manufacturers are listening [maybe!])

#137175 - 07/18/06 01:04 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
When what you want doesn't happen, learn to want what does.

Ian

#137176 - 07/19/06 04:48 PM Re: Chord Sequencer..... AGAIN (Groan!)
Diki Offline

When what you want doesn't happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN.......!

Anyone who is currently using Roland's chord sequencer is wondering 'how the hell am I going to be able to do what I do now, on ANY newer arranger?' and probably deciding NOT to upgrade.

LOST PROFITS........! Now that ought to get their attention!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online