SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136787 - 08/14/03 07:26 PM Keyboard Bargains
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have access to a couple of PSRs. One is a
PSR1000. It was returned to the music store after about a month's use. It's in great shape except for a small dent in the speaker grill.
The other is my PSR2000. It's 18 months old, in good condition. I baby it. Email me with offer or for prices.
DonM
dmason43@bellsouth.net

#136788 - 08/14/03 08:59 PM Re: Keyboard Bargains
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, What are you getting? A 2100 or Tyros?

#136789 - 08/14/03 09:07 PM Re: Keyboard Bargains
DonM Offline

I have a 2100 on trial. I would prefer a Tyros, but can't justify the money right now.
I tried pretty hard to arrange to see a Solton and a GEM, but no luck. Can't buy something sight unseen.
Don

#136790 - 08/14/03 10:01 PM Re: Keyboard Bargains
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Don,

Where are you and what instrument are you looking for? I will personally make sure that I get one infront of your some how.

sincerely,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#136791 - 08/14/03 11:23 PM Re: Keyboard Bargains
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I have a 2100 on trial. I would prefer a Tyros, but can't justify the money right now.

Don: I assume the 'Speedy Mouse' & 'Karaoke Girl' features are working correctly on the PSR2100, right? If you go with the PSR2100 you can also 'feel good' knowing that the foot pedal triggered 'continously repeating' sub feature of 'fill self' works fine on the PSR2100, yet it 'doesn't' work on the Tyros.

I now feel for your frustration over 'Speedy Mouse' & 'Karaoke Girl' not working correctly on the 2000. I hoping my problem get resolved via a Tyros OS update and doesn't require having to buy another keyboard, like you, to get the problem addressed. Afterall, Yamaha Japan can't use the excuse (this time) that the Tyros is NOT flash ROM OS upgradeable, like the sudden turn around they did (without warning) on the 2000.

Please keep us posted with your candid evaluation of the PSR2100, and let us know if it's going to be a keeper for you.

Still LOVE my Tyros,

Scott

#136792 - 08/15/03 08:17 AM Re: Keyboard Bargains
DonM Offline

Paul,
I must apologize. You did contact me in March and you contacted Phil Huston. Mr. Huston emailed me and gave me the name of a dealer in Pine Bluff, AR., who had a keyboard in stock. He also said that if I wanted a demo he would bring one when he came through Louisiana. I emailed him back and told him that would be wonderful and to let me know when he was coming, but so far he hasn't made it, or it has slipped his mind.
I must say that the "full" version of the Odyssy (I must learn to spell it) would be too heavy for me, but I wanted to demo it so that when the lighter version is available I could consider it.
If I keep the PSR2100, it will be an interim keyboard (as the 2000 was supposed to be) until I can decide on the next top-of-the-line purchase.
Thanks for your attention and help. It is so important that you and representatives of the other companies monitor this forum!
Don

#136793 - 08/15/03 08:25 AM Re: Keyboard Bargains
DonM Offline

Scott,
I did try the Vocal Harmony settings before I brought the thing home. They do work as they are supposed to. Also George Kaye was kind enough to test them for me when he first received the keyboard.
There will always be a bad taste in my mouth as to the way Yahama handled that problem and the fiasco about the Operating System.
To this day, they insist that the Vocal Harmonizer on the 2000 is supposed to be the way it is. However, they did take the time to find a work-a-round and tell me how to do it.
Despite this bad feeling toward the company, the US support people have been great, and the 2000/2100 are tremdous value for the money. AND I can actually try them out before buying.
As I said above, Paul Davis has tried to let me see a GEM. The Ketron rep in Houston promised three times to bring an XD or SD for me to see, but failed to make it yet.
I found the PA80 didn't quite suit my needs, and the new Korg is still in the planning/preproduction stages. So, the 2100 may be just enough "new" to satisfy me until I do find something better.
I will post my opinions as compared to the 2K soon.
Don

#136794 - 08/15/03 11:34 AM Re: Keyboard Bargains
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
If we were following tradition that means I should buy your PSR2000 right? By the way it is 87 degrees and 70% humidity here in Michigan right now. It feels like your neck of the woods. I'm getting better. I shot a 45 yesterday.

Tom

Tom

#136795 - 08/15/03 11:59 AM Re: Keyboard Bargains
DonM Offline

Tom, make me an offer!
Of course you'll have to come pick it up, and we might just have to play a little golf while you are here.
It is 95 here. Your old bones will loosen up.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online