SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136156 - 01/23/04 11:38 PM Funky Jazz -/w Tyros...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I put this song together in about 20 minutes and recorded it straight to the Tyros Sequencer. I'm playing the lead parts (elec. Piano and Sweet! Mute Trumpet) with Style backing all in realtime. I then recorded it to Sound Forge on my computer and converted the .wav file to .mp3 @ 128kbps. Running time is 4:01.

The Style I used was the Tyros' internal "KoolFunk" style. As to the style of "sound" I think it is a little Jazz and a little Funk with a little Pop thrown in for good measure. Here is:

Funky Jazz

Comments are always welcome.

Best regards,
Mike

#136157 - 01/24/04 08:38 AM Re: Funky Jazz -/w Tyros...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mike,
I love the EP sound. Makes me nostalgic. sigh ....... I miss my Rhodes.

#136158 - 01/24/04 08:47 AM Re: Funky Jazz -/w Tyros...
Dnj Offline

Hi Mike...

Nice Groove, I appreciate you sharing with us... but to my ear the lead sounds need to be a bit more out front, I would also slow down the BPM a little...you can always speed up the tempo After you record the tune. yros really sounds nice for sure.

Jamm On

#136159 - 01/29/04 08:56 PM Re: Funky Jazz -/w Tyros...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks Dave and Donny for your input.

I re-recorded the song and lowered the accompaniment so now the lead Voices are more upfront. I also decided to Separate the two Drum Kits within the Mix panning one Drum Kit some. I will post the new version here but also the link on the original post is now the new version too. Here is: Funky Jazz the new and improved version.

Btw, the Electric Piano is the Panel Stage Piano and again the Trumpet is the Sweet! Mute Trumpet.

I wanted to mention also that I bumped the encoding up a notch to 160kbps.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-29-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online