SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#135919 - 09/17/07 09:56 PM Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK

This is not a report, but a few notes of products that attracted my attention as being worthy of mention and not in any preference order.

With a capacity of 800 booked in for the seven nights full boardOh its not time to eat again !!!
The evening concerts 7pm till 11pm performed by pro players from around the world. Austrialia. Germany. Holland. Japan. Switzerland & UK.
Daily Product tutorials and demonstrations every day provided a very good week plus the weather was kind to us.

ROLAND. Don Lewis demonstrated the VP-550 49 keys, this being a dedicated keyboard Vocal Harmoniser. Even my voice produced very good results and very easy to use. A well constructed unit.
The new range of Roland Drawbar Organs launched here this week appeared to my ears to contain improved samples giving a overall clean sound.

NORD. The new C1 double manual organ with led drawbars and only 3 feet wide, true drawbar sounds no style backings and like all NORD products in a RED finish which I found most attractive.
Pete Shaw did a late night jam session with live drummer from the Dakotas. The drum set being individually miked and a good PA setup the complete sound was very clean and tight. NORD C1 Excellent value at 1599

YAMAHA. The launch of the new RegiStick Plus for the Tyros 2 resulted in good attendance on each of the 2 days of tutorials. The RegiStickPlus uses existing styles and voices already in the T2 and having been editored and tweaked produced excellent registrations covering all categories.
Full marks to James Sargeant & Richard Bower for their efforts.must have taken months putting this RegiStick Plus together.

WERSI. The launch of the new APOLO Organ. Quite a compact design and selling at 5995 and well demonstrated by the German team.

KORG. New PAX2 76 note keyboard. (Suggested 2400). We were privileged here because the dealer launch has not yet taken place. Nice motorised tilt colour screen, another good constructed product with slim wooden ends A follow up from the PA800.

#135920 - 09/17/07 10:54 PM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Thank you, Graham. I love reading about such festivals.

Say, have you got any pics of the Wersi Apollo by any chance? So far nothing on the Wersi site unless I missed it.

Taike

#135921 - 09/17/07 11:17 PM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Bingo! Found some! Looks fantastic. Wersi really knows their stuff.

Taike

#135922 - 09/18/07 01:29 AM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I can remember attending the organ/keyboard festivals in Orlando Florida, boy do I miss them, the best equipment and the best of performers. Wersi always was out front having the best of both. Except when Hector Olivarie (Spelling?) moved over to Yamaha, he always brought the house down.

I am envious, if I could only get Roger to pay for my flight and lodging. (grin)

John C.

#135923 - 09/18/07 03:16 AM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
bruno123. We have been attending these Keyboard Festivals twice a year April & September for about 9 years. We have made many like minded friends during this time plus the bonus is the surrounding coastal area is very attractive.

#135924 - 09/18/07 05:30 AM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
Dnj Offline

Graham.....thank you for the wonderful review from the festival, I for one have always enjoyed reading them ......It sounds like a great function to attend!

#135925 - 09/18/07 07:42 AM Re: Pakefield Keyboard Festival UK
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Look forward to the following 500 page report

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online