SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135814 - 01/06/05 04:47 AM I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Is it just me, or are more and more people changing their ID's and are Junior Members? It seems I recognize their writing style and tone, but can't put my finger on who they are.

Has this become a masquerade party or something?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#135815 - 01/06/05 07:25 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know what you mean. I suspect that some "members" got too wordy or mouthy, and decided to hide from their past, so they could have a second chance to fit in.
Personally - I don't like annonimity in such a casual, friendly setting. I think we all benifit from knowing as much as possible about the friends we make here.
If you're hiding something ...... it must be something big. Seems weird to me.

#135816 - 01/06/05 07:39 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Well, Scottyee is here, so is Uncle Dave, Nigel of course, BEBOP, Brickboo, Captain Russ, Alex K, Fran, Roel, DonM, DanO, Tony W, beachbum, GrahamUK, Don (Dnj), SemiLive, GlennT, Chico, Dreamer, KN Fan,The Accordionist, Vadim, Bill in Dayton, Zuki, To the Genesys, Squeak D, Lucitoh, just to mention a few. Sorry to those I didn't mention, I just went quickly down the posts, and I know these people well by now. You've been here as long and longer than I have, I don't see your point guys. The ones that are returning under a different name, so what. Still lot's of members here with a heritage . This is also not a nice message to send to newcomers to the forum. This forum is not for just a few of a big community. Be glad we get fresh blood in here! I bet Nigel can attest to that! Who talked about the best forum on the net? Low blow guys, shame on you...............

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#135817 - 01/06/05 09:48 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Roy,

I think you missed the point.

I welcome newcomers, it's the one's that have been here, interacted with us under one ID, then went and changed their ID. This is what puzzles me. Do you understand now?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#135818 - 01/06/05 09:59 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Yes I understood that in the first place, but how many is that? There's Synth-Guy, and then we had this bible maniac with a law degree or something , right nutcase!!
But apart from them, who else?
And does it really matter?

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#135819 - 01/06/05 10:18 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Gentlemen, I assure you that the reasons some may change their username is not to hide their identity due to doing something wrong here in the past nor becuase they are a nut case (haheha). Some may change their name because of lack of respect or lack of responses when posting, for example, I posted "All time favorite arrangers" because I was interested in knowing everyones opinions since I never owned any besides the PA80. I only got 6 reponses. Fran posted "recapping our arranger list" and got 48 responses. Things like this make you say to yourself, what gives??? So, some may feel that they aren't part og the in crowd and try switching their name.

#135820 - 01/06/05 10:59 AM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

First S-G, I never put you in the same category as the other guy I mentioned. You might even remember this guy!
Second, I agree wholeheartedly, because I had a couple of disputes with the establishment here as well, and had the same experience you are talking about. They treated me like air for a while.
If you didn't suck up to their opinion or close to, you would quickly be the laughing stock. I have spent many years in the US, so I know where some of this stems from. With that said, a lot of the establishment are great people!
That's why I'm not surprised a thread like this shows up. Many genuinly new people are coming to the forum and I think that's great. Makes it easier to be a newbie and get a response!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#135821 - 01/06/05 12:44 PM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't know anyone [1M7] anymore...
Things are just not like [4M7] before...
Are we too quick to [1M7] judge?
Do some of us bear a [4M7] grudge?
Perhaps this [1] all will make us better in the [6m] end,
As we [5-7] [or Boo chord] try to talk it out, friend to [1] friend.
DonM

#135822 - 01/06/05 12:45 PM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Now wasn't that silly?
DonM

#135823 - 01/06/05 01:03 PM Re: I don't know anyone anymore... ;-(
royandreno Offline

Great jazzy blues there Don,
tried it out on my Fender SRRI and Cornford Hurricane. Sounded fantastic with the lyrics.
I don't bear a grudge though, I just have a fantastic memory! (That smilie by the way is Scottyee's favourite!)

------------------
Roy-Andrč

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online