SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13566 - 01/20/99 04:52 PM Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I'm a newbie to this bbs and I was wondering if any of you who own this great keyboard have been succsessful at creating some of the Vintage Keys patches like: Mellotron,Hammond Organ,ARP String Ensemble,Odyssey,Rhodes Piano all in the Progressive Rock style. And if so, could you send me some in the chart format supplied with the manual please? I already found Moody Blues' Knights in White Satin and sounds authentic. Thanks in advance, minitrak.

#13567 - 01/25/99 08:17 PM Re: Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus
OK Johnson Offline

Loc: Olympia, Wash. USA
I've owned the MPS+ for four years. Yes, it is a wonderful keyboard for live performances with master controller features other synths simply don't offer.

I haven't tried to re-create the Vintage key sounds because I found the organ patches and waveforms not to my liking (I also play Hannond B3s and H-112's). I bought a Voce V3 two years ago for my traveling organ sounds.

EMU does sell aftermarket cards. Tell them what you're looking for and they can probably help. You could also try Greytsounds (on the web). They make aftermarket sounds for the MPS+.

--okj

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online