SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#135617 - 04/03/07 10:57 AM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice, zuki.... especially in light of your earlier post where you state you only play keyboards.

So I presume you are stating that calling up a sax patch makes you a sax player? On this thread, that might be a controversial claim.....

#135618 - 04/03/07 12:50 PM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
zuki Offline

Ahhh Diki - you figured it out

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#135619 - 04/11/07 02:49 PM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
Diki Offline

I left this drop off for a while, but one last chance....

OK, so you don't care for the Chord Sequencer (or seem to be unaware that your collective opinions MIGHT influence a manufacturer to incorporate this feature). So tell me.... How DO you manage to play your 'double' with your arranger?

Maybe someone can give me a tip I hadn't thought of to combine my arranger with my trombone....?

#135620 - 04/11/07 04:34 PM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Record the background using the styles of your choice, and play it back as an MP3 while you add the vocal, trombone, whatever line to it.
It's a novelty - so the crowd will eat it up no matter if it IS the same background everytime you play it. Vary the lead part - that'll keep it fresh.

Personally, I LOVE getting out in front of the KB once in a while to do some "front work". Now that my sax chops are coming back ( that's RIGHT, Boo !!!! )
I'll be doing LOTS of cool instrumentals...like: Harlem Nocturne, La Vie En Rose, Yakkaty Sax, and any Earl Bostic arrangement I can figure out !

I'm excited !

#135621 - 04/11/07 07:11 PM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
Diki Offline

I've been playing my trombone to SMF's for decades (mp3, SMF, same difference).....

But I haven't been able to play it with Arranger mode since the loss of the CS. Anyone else?

You see, as rabid defenders as this forum gets for using arrangers, and NOT mp3s or SMFs to entertain a crowd, I can't believe how willing you all are to just roll over and let the manufacturer dictate to you that you MUST use SMFs or MP3s to back your secondary instrument. Even when there is a perfectly simple way to keep using Arranger Mode.

Where are all the 'it's arranger mode or it's cheating' guys NOW...?

#135622 - 04/12/07 05:49 AM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I play anything with keys
guitars (acoustic, electric, bass, banjo, you name it...)
Harmonica
A couple of flutes
and I play a real mean kazoo!!

Doc-Z

#135623 - 04/12/07 07:05 AM Re: How many multi-instrument players here?
ChuckHall Offline

Loc: Bozeman, MT USA
I've played guitar for quite a while including a little classical but I've been concentrating on learning to play arranger keyboard for the last couple of years and I love it. Funny, now I go back to play guitar and I've lost my guitar finger calluses and my fingers hurt. My nylon stringed is about the only thing I can play without cutting into my fingers too much.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online