SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#135436 - 04/08/02 08:25 AM Top UK GEM Dealer
Musically Yours UK Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England
just introducing ourselves, we are the most established GEM dealer in the UK selling & servicing their products for the last 15 years, Having recently returned from the Frankfurt music messe & seen what's new we are very excited about the new genesys keyboard which we feel is going to be the best keyboard to hit the world market.
Please feel free to contact us for more information

Musically Yours UK

#135437 - 04/08/02 01:45 PM Re: Top UK GEM Dealer
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi,
Can you give us any info on the "Genesys"? Size? Price (U.S.A.-msrp)?
And one thing Welcome to our corner of the web
jedi

#135438 - 04/08/02 03:05 PM Re: Top UK GEM Dealer
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Jedi,
Back in January, after the NAMM show, i reported on the Genesys keyboard, it's size, weight and estimated street price here in the US. Please revisit the thread from the end of January and you'll see this information. There is no msrp for the GEM products. Street price should be around $3500.00, but this will vary from dealer to dealer. Generalmusic, Ketron, Roland CK (VA7,5 and 3) and Technics have no msrp. Dealers are given the opportunity to set their own price based on the markup they feel they should make. I don't personally like this system. I prefer retail prices as set by Yamaha PSR, Casio, Korg and a few others. This has been a practice used by the Piano and Organ stores for years. Pro stores use MSRP and either sell at these prices or offer discount prices. Some manufactures even require dealers to never advertise for less then their "MAP" prices. MAP stands for minimum advertised price.
The Genesys will be weighing in at around 60 lbs. from what I remember. This is because of the high quality speaker system built inside. The cabinet for the speakers has to be well built because the system uses a stereo 50 watts per side system. Delivery should be within the next few months.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#135439 - 04/08/02 08:56 PM Re: Top UK GEM Dealer
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Thanks George for the info, to tell you the true I`m not quite sure which way to turn. I like the sound and features of the 2000, but I just can see living with that kind of shotty workmanship. To me a KB should have all of the things the 2000 has and more, like USB support and more ram and most important "flash rom" so that the end user can up-grade. With all that said the very....most Important thing, at least to me, is the action I mean if you can`t get past the "keys" then whats the piont. It can`t feel like a "toy" no matter how it sounds or what it has "under-the-hood" it just has to feel right or you will be forever chasing the perfect KB.
Thanks, as always for your help, just one thing, If I can`t find a dealer in my area and I want a KB from you what happens if I don`t like it ? Sorry ,but for that kind of money one has to ask! Take care
jedi

#135440 - 04/08/02 10:21 PM Re: Top UK GEM Dealer
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
jedi,
I'm not a chain store. It's impossible for me to give a 30 day return guarantee. What I tell all my customers is that if they don't like what they have bought, if they return it in the same condition as it was received and in a reasonable amount of time, I will gladly exchange the product for something different. This has only happend a very few times over the past 4 years of selling to synthzone readers and it has worked out fine each time. When I get something back from a customer I feel obliged to resell it for a reduced price because it has been tried and used for a short time and it is the proper way to treat a returned product. I always wonder what the chain stores do with all the products they get back after the 30 days. Are they sold as used or are they repackaged and sold as a new unit at a later date. I've shopped at a large consumer electronics store here in LA and I've been shocked with the number of boxes opened and repackaged without any markings of the product being resold, only to find accessories missing or soiled. I've stopped shopping at this store because I was feeling as if everything they sold was not brand new.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#135441 - 04/09/02 04:14 AM Re: Top UK GEM Dealer
Musically Yours UK Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England
We have recently put all the specifications for the GENESYS onto our web site : www.musicallyyours.co.uk
Click on the photos of the genesys to access the specs - You will be impressed!!!

Musically Yours UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online