SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13533 - 05/05/00 11:46 AM EMU E-64 Sampler
DJBlackbird Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I have been offered to buy a E-64 Sampler with 16 mb and 1Gb hd in it. digital I/O. 64 voices and 8 outputs are also featured. I have been looking for more specs but can't find any.

Where can i find specs / options and other info on this sampler?

------------------
C. Boer
DJ / Producer

#13534 - 05/05/00 01:08 PM Re: EMU E-64 Sampler
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi,

You can find it at www.emu.com

They should list it under products. If it is not there, it may be in a historical archive that they have on the site of their older products. Sorry, but I can't remember exactly how to get there other than through the main page.

The E-64 is based on E-mu's E-IV samplers. Most options, I believe, are available for it except it cannot be turned into an Ultra model and it uses older 30-pin SIMMs instead of the 72-pin SIMMs. All of these are getting harder to find nowadays but there are a few places that you can still get it from. I don't know if the ROM boards (E-Synth, etc) are available for it either. Also, the new R-FX chip will not be available for it.

Unless you're getting it for a steal, it may be more worth it to go for an E-5000 Ultra or a E6400 Ultra. With it being used and older E-mu techology, I wouldn't pay more than $900 US myself. If it came more stock, this number would come down but, with the 1 GB HD and Digital I/O option it brings the price up slightly. It is quite a capable sampler but the newer ones are speedier (because of the Ultra processor) and can be upgraded more. Personally, I'd like the upgradability of the newer samplers.

HTH,
Fernando

#13535 - 05/08/00 01:49 AM Re: EMU E-64 Sampler
DJBlackbird Offline

Hi, thanks for the reply. Un fortunately Emu has no info on this sampler online, i requested info tho. On the other hand, the sampler wil cost me 1500 guilders, that is like 750USD. Including the harddisk and the digital I/O. But i will consider the old models "un" upgradability and the new ones. I also wonder how it looks, i can't seem to find a picture of the E-64 anywhere. I do know some producers that use this sampler, but they do not have pics online. Maybe you have a pic or a link with a pic?

------------------
C. Boer
DJ / Producer

#13536 - 05/08/00 04:12 PM Re: EMU E-64 Sampler
fvicente Offline

Loc: Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi,

The E-64 looks similar to the e6400 if I remember correctly. It is the innards that are different and what hinder it from some of the upgrade options. It is upgradable to an extent though. All of the options are shared by the EOS line of E-mu samplers. Some of the older ones cannot accept some of the newer options is all.

Good luck.
Fernando

#13537 - 05/11/00 06:20 PM Re: EMU E-64 Sampler
DJBlackbird Offline

Thank you for your time and advice. I bought the sampler..... Like i said, i paid 700USD for it with 8 outs and the 1 gb hd and the digital ins and outs. Now i'll look for 4 30 pins 16mb simms, to upgrade it to it's maximum sampling capacity. It sure looks good in my setup!

------------------
C. Boer
DJ / Producer

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online