SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13518 - 09/24/98 05:32 PM E4Xt FX Send control
Jason Offline

Loc: Venice, CA
Can the "send" values under the Master FX A and B sections be controlled via an external Midi controller? (ie wheel, slider, pedal)

I can change these values externally using SoundDiver, but it would be great to assign them to continuous controllers for realtime changes while sequencing...

Thanks
Jason

#13519 - 09/27/98 10:30 AM Re: E4Xt FX Send control
kenzo Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
From everything I've tried / read on this, the only way to dynamically change parameters on the FX sends is to define presets with the parameters you require and save them (almost like 'blank' instruments with just FX settings on them). What are you doing? Quite often theres another way around the problem with the E4...

#13520 - 09/27/98 01:28 PM Re: E4Xt FX Send control
Jason Offline

Loc: Venice, CA
I am so close to getting this to work, and I WILL CONQUER WITHOUT THEIR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Yamaha KX88.. MOTU MidiTimepiece AV, Cubase VST and the E4X sampler.. Here's the deal. I want to be able to assign a parameter (in this case % of FX A send) to a Continuous Midi Controller (i.e slider or wheel).. So I can dial in more Reverb if I want it while I'm playing.. Or any other parameter for that matter.. Well, the SysEx implementation manual is No Light Reading.. But combinded with that I have used SoundDiver to help me solve this problem..

See, the E4 doesn't send SysEx via Midi Out when you change parameters. Yamaha gear does, so it's nice & easy to monitor the SysEx and figure out what to assign.. So I monitored the Midi Out of SoundDiver when I changed the parameters in the E4.. And voila! There was my Midi Code that I was looking for.. So I assign this to a Midi Mixer Object in Cubase (ie. It's like a "virtual" slider) and by using the mouse, I can move the slider in Cubase and the E4 responds.. (Had a bit of a problem with the SysEx code, E4 uses TWO variable fields when everything else only lets you program SysEx with ONE variable field...whatever) But now, there's a remote control feature in Cubase that lets control the little "virtual" slider (I spent a week creating) via an external Midi Controller...COOL!!! Problem solved, right?...Wrong! When I move my modulation wheel, the "virtual" slider in Cubase moves up and down with it, BUT it's not sending any MIDI DATA to the E4. If I use the mouse to move the slider, everything works fine.. Well, what am I doing wrong.....??????? Isn't the "remote control feature" in Cubase supposed to work realtime?

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read all this and post a reply!!

Jason

#13521 - 10/01/98 02:37 AM Re: E4Xt FX Send control
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you have Logic or Logic Audio look at:

http://home.t-online.de/home/X.sample/

There is a Logic environment for EOS-Samplers!

Ciao,

Hans-Josef Winkler

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online