SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134614 - 10/27/05 04:32 AM This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

I am still exploring this fantastic machine with its wonderful styles and sounds, but it's SOO good .... WOW

#134615 - 10/27/05 05:09 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Roel - Congratulations on your new keyboard. I'm sure you will be wearing your fingers out at the moment.

Be sure to let us know what you think about the various features. I value your opinion and had exactly the same feelings about the G70 as you when I first tried it - I also love the live sound of Ketron stuff so I think your taste in keyboards is similar to mine.

I am pleased for you that you like it so much...

Regards - Keith

#134616 - 10/27/05 05:19 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
nielshs Offline

roel,
What about some demos?

#134617 - 10/27/05 05:42 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
sunfactor Offline

Yeah man, we want demos!

Have lots of fun...

#134618 - 10/27/05 06:03 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roel,
I agree with your assessment of the Tyros 2.
Have fun with yours, as much as I am having with mine!

#134619 - 10/27/05 06:38 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Are you saying, it is night and day better than the original Tyros...If not you better get out of the house more often...

#134620 - 10/27/05 07:38 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Are you saying, it is night and day better than the original Tyros...If not you better get out of the house more often...

Fran, can't speculate Roel's thoughts on this, but I'm willing to bet he thinks the T2 is 'night and day' better sounding than the Roland G70, of which you continue to tout, even though you haven't even played one yet. Ok Fran, time to get out of the house and explore your world beyond the G1000. - Scott

#134621 - 10/27/05 09:07 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

I think Andrea already wrote a short review, but here is mine:

The housing is very nice design and feels robust. This T2 looks smaller because of the 'stealth' edges. In fact the dimensions are almost T1 alike.

The music-stand adapters are newly designed and mounted within 2 seconds without tools.

The buttons feel better.
The keys.... SUPER feel, a joy to play them.

At this very moment I can't stop playing as much styles/sounds as I can !

Styles do have a 'live' feeling now and show much power, all instruments sound very precise and well defined.

The Harddiskrecorder works perfect and sooooo easy to use
It generates 44.1kHz stereo WAV-files, so NO compression, NO quality loss

Super Articulation Voices : Unbelievable realistic !

A good friend of mine also got the T2 yesterday and and he told me today he gets very emotional while playing the T2. No other instrument ever produced, was able to do this to him.

Demo's ? Please have look at www.tyros2.nl
The best thing you can do is visit a dealer and experience the power of T2.

Fran:
Are you still using a G1000 ? Perhaps YOU should leave the house more often and have a look at modern instruments like T2 !!
;D

Many many visitors (musicians) came to my place today and ALL are deeply impressed. I think everyone of them wants the T2 but they have more ore less 'problems' with admitting the T2 is SOO much better equipment than Roland and Korg stuff ... what some of them recently purchased... LOL

Well this is it for now... back to T2.

#134622 - 10/27/05 09:23 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will explore[play] the Tyros2, when available locally..I never rule out anything comparing it to a previous model...though in the past Yamaha makes very few changes with each new model[like many other manufacturers]..

If I thought any other board did a better job for me then the G1000...I would be using it..Keyboards that I owned that could not replace the G1000 :
Roland EXR5,VA-7,EM2000..
Ketron X1, SD1..
Korg PA80,IS35..
Yamaha PSR2000, PSR2100...
As for keyboards I have played, and still could not replace my G1000[overall]:
Yamaha PSR9000, 9000PRO,PSR3000, Tyros..
Korg PA1x[close, but no reward].
General music Genesys..
Ketron XD9..

Naturally , many of the above are more valuable[monetary], but not in use to me..

For the Tyros2 to be "the best I ever heard" it definitely has to be night and day from the original Tyros..What I have heard from demos, it is not!!

SMF playback..still Roland.

In your face arranger..still Ketron.

All around features..still Korg, followed by Ketron.

All around playability on stage without quirks..still Roland..

Right now the equipment that has a chance of making my G1000 a studio keyboard[I will not "dump" it]...
Ketron Midjay with a very good controller..
maybe the new offerings to come from Ketron..
Maybe the G70[after on hands demonstration].

Maybe Korg future models[they have to address the hard drive/access..get around before it is a consideration]..

Yamaha will have to improve the keys and keyfeel[maybe the Tyros2 is better]..they also have to fix the lame drum kits that are not really compatible with GM[let alone GS]..
The sounds will have to be more realistic[get away from the fake vibrato etc]..

and above all..build a quality unit , and get away from the "toy like" image..

#134623 - 10/27/05 09:37 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Dnj Offline

Fran.......
Great post & Spot On HONEST Assessments from a PRO !!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online