SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134452 - 12/08/05 07:05 PM Re: I have a far greater admiration for one man bands than regular bands
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have to admit that I have been truly blessed with my band experience ... in fact as I am writing this I am listening to a cd one of the guys just sent me of some tapes he had from New Year's Eve parties we played in the 70's ... We started in high school and stayed together for 26 years... no booze (not to excess, anyway), absolutely NO drugs, and the only women were our wives... nobody missed a gig or showed up not absolutely ready to play ... and working out 3 -4 part harmonies was a lot more fun than a harmonizer ... a very unique situation and one of the most gratifying experiences of my life ....
t.

#134453 - 12/08/05 08:26 PM Re: I have a far greater admiration for one man bands than regular bands
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I do both; Play Keyboards as OMB and Play drums for a band.

It's a lot easier controlling the band on an arranger. As a drummer in a band, let me tell you how challenging it is to keep everyone on the same page start and stop at the same time, play the same breaks etc.

More control = Easy performance.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#134454 - 12/09/05 01:16 AM Re: I have a far greater admiration for one man bands than regular bands
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I have to admit that I have been truly blessed with my band experience ... in fact as I am writing this I am listening to a cd one of the guys just sent me of some tapes he had from New Year's Eve parties we played in the 70's ... We started in high school and stayed together for 26 years... no booze (not to excess, anyway), absolutely NO drugs, and the only women were our wives... nobody missed a gig or showed up not absolutely ready to play ... and working out 3 -4 part harmonies was a lot more fun than a harmonizer ... a very unique situation and one of the most gratifying experiences of my life ....
t.

Ditto.
WOW! Are you my alter-ego or what!?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online