SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134254 - 09/07/06 11:38 AM If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If....you could spend a couple of hours "hanging out" with any three members of this board (seperately or together) whom you have not previously met, who would it be?

I'll start it out. In no particular order, Captain Russ, Tony Mads, and wow...a tossup between Boo and SqueakD. It's tough though, because there are so many interesting personalities on this board. Bill (SemiLive) seems to have a humorous and quirky view of the world; Diki is sort of my kind of intellectual; DonM seems to have both the wisdom and experience (and manners) to make any conversation a good one; Uncle Dave would be able to diffuse any tensions that might arise out of mixing Yammyites and Rolandites ; darn, I may have to go back and rethink my top three. Who are yours?

chas

#134255 - 09/07/06 11:47 AM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
After talking with Uncle Dave for around seven years, he would be the first.
I have already met some of my favorites, such as Tom C., Boo, Gary Diamond, of course Semilive, HankB. Joe Richards and others.
DNJ, Fran and ScottYee would be up there, but maybe at different times! Now there are so many younger guys who I know I could learn from.
There are just too many to pick from. One day I'll go to England and meet Tony W.
I talked to Tony Rome this morning and we discussed the possibility of a SZ zone in Mexico sometime. Wouldn't that be great?
DonM

#134256 - 09/07/06 11:54 AM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
There are so many. Why 3?

I would love to see the following members perform live.

Donny, Gary, Don, Dave, Fran, Scott.........

I would love to see their rapport with the audience, selection of tunes, setups, hear those Bose speakers in live venue, and of course meet them in person.

Regards,

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 09-07-2006).]

#134257 - 09/07/06 12:17 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Oh, and trevorjohn and bruno123; anyone who knew Bach and Beethoven personally would have to be interesting . And what about Miami Mo; heck, we could spend the whole two hours just discussing the relevancy of this post .

chas

#134258 - 09/07/06 02:03 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I don't expect a big hug or anything, but my top three would include Chas, Tony Mads and Nigel, with a HUGE list of alternates, including Dave, Don, Fred, Gary, Sqweak, Donny, FRAN...etc.

Russ

#134259 - 09/07/06 02:19 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
I better leave this one alone just in case hubby's peering over my shoulder haahaa.
There's so many talented & helpful members on this forum, it would be hard to choose only 3.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#134260 - 09/07/06 03:53 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:

There's so many talented & helpful members on this forum, it would be hard to choose only 3.
best wishes
Rikki

SO TRUE ...
seeing my name in the top three on a couple of lists damned near brought tears to my eyes... ... YOU LIKE ME, YOU LIKE ME ... ... I LOOOOOOVE THIS PLACE !!!
Seriously, thanks for the honor ... once again Dad would be proud ...

I have had the pleasure of meeting (in no particular order) Dnj, Gary, DanO, and StephenM52 and 'former' poster cam8neel ...

For the next three, number one would HAVE to be Nigel, because HE'S NIGEL ... and a WHOLE lot of you would be tied for second ...
... except maybe squeak, because he'd have me listening to hip-hop and rap ...JUST KIIIIIIIIDDDDDING!!!

t.

#134261 - 09/07/06 05:04 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
OK, I know this is not one of the options you gave --- but
First I would rent a large room – then Nigel would come in first followed by everyone else.

There are too many precious people on this forum, to exclude just one would be to lose. It’s all of us that make this forum.

My friend asked if you were going to buy which one would you chose the boat or the new car. I answered Both.

John C.

#134262 - 09/07/06 05:25 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, it's EZ for me .... but I NEED 4 !
I've spoken on the phone, but I nevr actually met:
Don Mason, Boo, George Kaye or Nigel !
I've gotten very friendly with all of them....and SO many others, but those guys are kinda my posse already.

Fran Carango ( the banned one )Gary Diamond, Dan O'Neil and Donny Pesce all live nearby, so we hang from time to time.

It's difficult to omit anyone, so please don't take offence if your name isn't in the top 4 list ..... I just think it was a cool topic!

#134263 - 09/07/06 08:25 PM Re: If......... (bear with me SemiLive)
SANMAN Offline

Loc: West Hills, CA, USA
Wow - where does one begin? To stay neutral, I should choose Me, Myself, and I. Seriously though, I would find it a great pleasure to meet any one of you - or three.
I've met George Kaye several times as I live just down the street from his store. We go back many years playing in college.

So, being on the west coast already, I would start with the locals, Nigel, Scott, George, etc. Would love to do some golf with Don Mason down south - oh yea!

mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online