SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1332 - 03/27/02 11:41 AM Converting Technics files to midi
Yvonnemarjan Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hello there.! I hope someone is able to help me out.I have a Technics Digital Ensemble the PR 270. My floppy disk broke down and I am not able to play the song on them anymore. There are songs I so much want to keep. Does anybody know how I can convert to midi? I have a friend who owns a Yamaha but that only reads midi and not the extention of the Technics. I would be so grateful if someone can help me out. Thank you.
Yvonne

#1333 - 03/27/02 11:53 AM Re: Converting Technics files to midi
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yvonne ..... Hi, may I be the first to welcome you to this forum ..... unfortunately I cannot personally help you with your problem, but I'm sure there are others who will .... You might get a faster response by posting your question on the 'technics discussion' page, and I might also suggest the 'technote' site .... best of luck, and again WELCOME
t.

#1334 - 03/27/02 12:16 PM Re: Converting Technics files to midi
Yvonnemarjan Offline

[Thank you very much for your response. I'll put the question there too! thank you!

#1335 - 03/27/02 12:41 PM Re: Converting Technics files to midi
Catsailor Offline

Yvonne,

You may be able to hook up a midi cable from your keyboard to a computer and save the file to the computer as a midi file. I don't know if this will work, but I'm sure someone on this forum will know. You may also be able to reverse this and load a midi file from your computer to your keyboard. Just keep waiting, the gurus take a while to answer.

Peter

#1336 - 03/27/02 12:55 PM Re: Converting Technics files to midi
Yvonnemarjan Offline

Hi there, Thank you for the mail. I've tried that, but Technics files are no midi files. It cannot be read! My father has a Technics, and even on that keyboard I am not able to read the files.

But thank you. I hope someone can help me out.
Yvonne

#1337 - 03/27/02 03:02 PM Re: Converting Technics files to midi
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Yvonne,
Your best bet is in the General Arranger Keyboard section.
A lot of the members there know a lot of the technics keyboards and this is the section where everybody seems to hang out, so fast responses!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online