SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133297 - 10/21/05 09:05 AM Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's a Song recorded entirely on the Tyros2 of which was shared with me by an arranger kb buddy of mine in Europe. The following is a description of the actual Tyros2 recording process:

Tyros 2 with Hard drive recording - My FIRST ATTEMPT with the recorder--the song is not important, but the process was superb -- this took about 7 minutes to create -- the first pass was saving to the hard drive as I sang -- I had preset some registrations to give me a range of settings to work through -- and then I added a little bit of sax by over recording on the hard drive (without any apparent to me loss of quality. All done without any other recording equipment other than the Tyros 2!

Scott

#133298 - 10/21/05 09:15 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
BlkNotes Offline

From my interpretation of the Vocal harmony track, I would venture to say that the VHU ( Vocal harmony unit) sound like it hasn't been changed from the T1.

Regards;
BN

#133299 - 10/21/05 09:21 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Scott in all fairness ...& I really want to like the Tyros 2 .....I wasnt impressed with the overall sound or voc/har and felt I didnt Hear anything special that couldnt be done on the T1 or my 3k with no problem....it just didnt blow my socks off for a new super T2 Kb and all the hype..although the person that recorded this tune did a nice job....

Just as a comparison a friend Marco Palumbo shared this song "BELIEVE" totaly done on the SD-1 into his PC......I really enjoyed it...
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=262PCPL6YXHZ20HSLM4LNJCHSE

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-21-2005).]

#133300 - 10/21/05 09:41 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

I NEVER said I was even close to 'blown away' by the singing, or the T2's vocal harmony. I'm accepting that the T2 vocal harmonizer is basically the same as included with T1.

I really don't think the SD1 song is a fair comparison whatsoever, as it obviously wasn't produced as a FIRST attempt 'quicky' 7 minute recording like the Tyros2 recording was.

There was obviously a LOT MORE production work that went into that SD1 demo, then simply playing/recording the SD1 in auto accomp mode. I believe, with equal amount of production time spent, the Tyros2 can provide similar (or better) results. It's important the keep in mind that musicianship and engineering have a lot to do with the end result.

Scott

#133301 - 10/21/05 09:50 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Easy Scott no need to get excited .....
1 pass, 2 pass, 3 pass is not what I listen too...its the overall Sonic quality IM concerned about vs older models..
I was just simply offering a comparison......there are many choices out there and an educated consumer is a happy customer dont you think?
LIke I stated above I'm trying to Like The T2
But for that kind of money I would suggest your really SURE before you Plunge!

Scott wrote: I NEVER said I was even close to 'blown away' by the singing, or the T2's vocal harmony. I'm accepting that the T2 vocal harmonizer is basically the same as included with T1.

Btw, what are your main reasons for upgrading to T2.......maybe Im missing something here...I want to learn as much as I can.

Thanx

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-21-2005).]

#133302 - 10/21/05 10:00 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
to the genesys Offline

From listening to the different demos, to me all of the most recent top-end arrangers from the major manufacturers Korg pa1x, Roland G70 Yamaha Tyros 1 and 2 and Gem Genesys all are comparable in terms of sounds and styles.

I think the differences are the hardware (76 keys v. 61, touch screen, good key feel or no good key feel …), the differences in some features (sampler or no sampler, rootless chord voicing or not hard disk recording …) and how well a particular manufacturer integrates all the features, sounds and styles (easiness of the OS).

#133303 - 10/21/05 10:06 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
BlkNotes Offline

Are we reserved to the fact that the Vocal Harmonizer hasn't changed in the Tyros 2? I have seen conflicting data on this topic. From the MP3 above it doesn't seem so, but maybe the individual who recorded it wasn't totally familiar with the VH seeting etc on the Tyros2.

Regards;
BN

#133304 - 10/21/05 10:25 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I liked what I heard from both keyboards minus the singing. It sounds like it is really easy to record from the Tyros 2.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 10-21-2005).]

Tom

#133305 - 10/21/05 10:46 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tom what is reocrd? Is this a new feature from Yamaha?

On the Tyros2 recording,,,I didn't think the harmonizer sounded terrible..
It seemed more to me , to be over-driven in spots..

There is one thing that still stands out sound-wise...The Tyros2 can't touch the SD1 when it comes to Bass and Drums....Don't feel bad Yamaha people...No one else matches up to Ketron in this department..Not even Roland.

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-21-2005).]

#133306 - 10/21/05 11:46 AM Re: Audio Recording made 100% on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
But for that kind of money I would suggest your really SURE before you Plunge!

Though the initial outlay may be high for hobbyists, for the Pro, the RETURN on the investment will come back, almost immediately, especially for someone like you who 'gigs everyday'. My turnaround record for new keyboards has been aboaut every 3 years, and I've remained happy with & stayed with each for the duration.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Btw, what are your main reasons for upgrading to T2.......maybe Im missing something here...I want to learn as much as I can

Donny, as you yourself said on this thread, and to which I share the same philosophy:
"I dont listen to anyone when I make my final choice although I do take into consideration everyones opinons right or wrong....No one plays & performs excactly like me, no one hears excactly what I hear, no one navagates a kb on stage excactly like me, I have to be happy, I have to enjoy playing it & I have to pay for it, I have to make a living with it."

That said, the Yamaha Tyros has continued(for me) to be the best all around light weight pro sounding performance keyboard, with its great sounds & styles, user friendly intuitive performance navigation. Like all keyboards, it of course has its share of shortcomings (61 keys vs 76 keys & and a plastic vs metal case, no built into the kb speakers), but to me well worth the trade-off, affording ultra lightweight 27 lb gigging portability, yet INCLUDING critcally important features (to me) not available in the even lighter weight PSR3000. This includes a much easier to see & easier to navigate on the fly tilt color LCD screen, far better key feel, 3 dedicated (vs 2) foot pedal controllers, dedicated volume control & vocalizer on/off switch conveninetly right on top of the KB, plus an assortment of other sounds, styles, and other niceities not had on the PSR3000.

Ok, for the umph-teenth time , here are the reasons I (Scott Yee) am upgrading from T1 to T2:

1) SUPER Articulation Voices ! essential if you're a LIVE keyboard player.
2) Brand new keys/key action with added weight & very responsive feel
3) Tyros2 to HD Recording !
4) WAV/AIFF Sample playback
5) MusicFinder improvement/enhancements
6) Support for new Instrument Voice Samples (expandability)
7) 100% compatilibity with existing Tyros1 files: styles, regs, voices, etc.
8) USB Memory Stick support
9) Brand new voices, & re-worked styles to take advantage of SA & new mega voice instruments
10) A perfect excuse for a new 'toy': it's been 3 years afterall!
11) Kickback from Yamaha for product promotion - just kidding

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-21-2005).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online