SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#133218 - 10/31/05 10:00 AM Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Well, I had a go at the new Tyros, and what can I say. I have Tyros 1 and yes, there are some new great SA sounds, and some styles are tweaked, but there are no new styles if you have Yamaha's Premium pack. This was a dissapointment, and I'm gonna let this one pass. I am happy still with my Tyros 1. Maybe next time.
Yes, and I forgot, I wonder if Yamaha tweaks a few styles, put them on the web under the impression they are all tweaked and fixed. Many of the styles I tried I couldn't tell 2 from 1. Just a thought..

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 10-31-2005).]

#133219 - 10/31/05 10:18 AM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So even the overall sound there is no improvement?

What about midi file playback, the same?

Did you try the vocalizer?

Please at least tell me the drums sound better?

You guys are killing me!!!!!

#133220 - 10/31/05 10:35 AM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
royandreno Offline

Overall sound sounds about the same to me. Yamaha has too busy styles, so the overall impression is the same.

Midifile playback.. well I didn't try to use SA sounds in replacement, and I don't know if that works. If not, well then I think it sounds the same.

I did'nt try the vocalizer, I don't use it.
I use Digitech Performer.

The drums, Power Kit sounds good.

I hope next time Yamaha brings something new like wav/loop synch, chord extraction, auto follow lyric, midi or wav, even mp3, and some gutsy styles with air, punch and less quantizised.

#133221 - 10/31/05 11:34 AM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
They did increase the total number of sweet live cool sounds from 27 in T1 to 120 in T2. Thats gotta account for something

#133222 - 10/31/05 11:35 AM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
ReneT Offline

Loc: NL
Well to be honest,
I have to agree with you that the differences are not spectacular.
Yesterday I went to see Michel Voncken demonstrating T2(his show was great!) and actually apart from the guitars, harddisk recording and the fantastic keyboard-action differences are minor.
The styles are somehow different but I think within a few days or weeks these T2 styles will be available for T1...

So I will stick with my T1 and right now I'm going to save for buying a Yamaha P250 stagepiano.

#133223 - 10/31/05 01:33 PM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
royandreno Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
They did increase the total number of sweet live cool sounds from 27 in T1 to 120 in T2. Thats gotta account for something

Yes, but you don't notice when you play the styles. Why are not all the sounds Mega or SA voices? I'm sure they have money,time, knowledge, people and resources enough to sample all the voices in the world.

#133224 - 10/31/05 02:34 PM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
Dnj Offline

royandreno.....
thanx for the Honest T2 review.

#133225 - 10/31/05 11:23 PM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm thinking I want to be trying this new one out myself first, along with waiting to hear about any bugs or quirks that may be present now.

I have heard it said it has a new improved key feel. I don't think that's one I can trust anothers judgement on. I happen to love the Tyros keyfeel. It is very similar to the $50,000+ home organs I had come to love so much. I've heard rave reviews on the G70 keys. I tried one. Not too good for my personal touch. Kink of noisy and springy actually. So what's an improvement to one may be something else to someone else.

No, I think I'll keep the stuff I have now, test the T2 and then see if it's really worth it and if I like it.

My slant on it as of today anyway.haha

I am really looking forward to trying one though. It seems like it is a good step forward, but, we'll see when the jury comes out.

Best
Scott Langholff

#133226 - 10/31/05 11:39 PM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Theres no question that it is an improvement over the T1 and for anyone that wants the latest innovation in sound realism this has to be a tempting proposition. If you already have a tyros1 and have done extensive personal work, registrations , patterns etc it makes sense to keep the compatability issues to a minimum but is the cost of the new sounds (the difference in styles is minimal in my view ) and improved functionality , hardisk recorder etc worth the extra investment ? Even the styles that have been reworked and had new mega voices added to them still sound like the old styles and the difference is only really noticeable when you put the old board and the new board together. Lets face it Yamaha did an excellent Job the 1st time with T1 andthe improvement in T2 is marginal. If they had completely done new styles altogether then this would have been a much more value for money proposition.

Its a tough call. Its an easier decision to make for someone that did not own the T1 as on its own merrits the T2 is an outstanding keyboard for sure.

#133227 - 11/01/05 12:15 AM Re: Tried Ty 2, keeping Ty 1
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
.. Why are not all the sounds Mega or SA voices? ...

I remembered when I heard Michel Vronckens' Show he showed some effects in the SA-voices. For instance the metal-tick in the guitar or the breath-effect in the Sax. He used a footpedal to set the effect on/off. Withhout this the sounds are overdone. Like a musician with metal-strings on the guitar and his fingers full of rings. About the sax a saxplayer told me that for a good technique and quality he tries to avoid the breath-sound.
Some styles were too overwhelming, but throught muting some tracks I guess one can avoid that.
Vroncken is a great performer. He even could sound My First Sony like a topinstrument . He demonstrated the vocaliser: allthought I am not a singer, it sounds well. I thought it was the same as in the T1?? But without doubt the T2 is a great keyboard.
Yust my 2 cents
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-01-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online