SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#132671 - 09/21/07 05:16 PM I Have a Request
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have a request – Many of the songs on this forum have vocals as the main thought – I think they are great and I enjoy listening to them, BUT it would be so nice to hear some Big Band or Latin songs as instrumentals. I wanna hear the keyboard – and – they why the soloist is using the keyboard. Not only will I enjoy the music, but I also would have a chance to learn something new – I already know what I do.

Please no blues or strictly improvising, just some great songs.

John C.

#132672 - 09/21/07 05:53 PM Re: I Have a Request
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
it would be so nice to hear some Big Band or Latin songs as instrumentals. I wanna hear the keyboard – and – they why the soloist is using the keyboard.Please no blues or strictly improvising

Ok, here's a quick bigBand instrumental (no vocals or improvised solos) which I played live on Tyros2: California Here I Come

Scott

#132673 - 09/22/07 12:27 AM Re: I Have a Request
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You may notice that the sound does not change much as the camera moves around even though it is using the internal microphone; this is because the player is using the Bose PAS (L1) speakers which give a better spread of sound then conventional speakers.
Enjoy

Bill

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EarMfAxMkIU

#132674 - 09/22/07 01:53 AM Re: I Have a Request
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Good idea John. Very nice rendition Scott.

Bill:

This reminds me of after I closed my music store in Wisconsin and was with Tune Town Keyboards whose main showroom was in Largo, Florida.

They were among other things a Technics, Kimball, Hammond and Wersi organ dealership. One of their locations was the top store in the country at that time which would have been about 1989.

Anyway, it was a common occurrence then for them to hold an organ concert in their large auditorium and have over 500 people show up for artists like was shown on your YouTube clip.

Has anyone ever heard Rick Ionne (sp)? I first heard him with Wersi and last I heard he was with Roland. Absolutely incredible player, not to mention other fantastic players that I had the pleasure of working with like Hector Olivera, Choy Lazada, Larry Farrari, Marco Mendez, Dennis Awe, etc, etc.

I feel very privileged to have been immersed in that world in all it's phases
including my work of playing concerts in many places, at the same time see the senior hobbyists truly enjoy their home organ hobby. It's a shame the baby-boomers can't relate to the organ and that world continues to shrink in the US. Looks like it's alive and well in Europe.

Anyway, John, I think I have some tunes that fit your description here:
http://scottlmusic.com/Listen.html

I hope the listeners will find them enjoyable.

Best
Scott

#132675 - 09/22/07 03:35 AM Re: I Have a Request
bruno123 Offline

Oh how I miss those organ concerts Bill,
John C.

#132676 - 09/22/07 03:42 AM Re: I Have a Request
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
John great suggestion. Both Scotts nice work I have been to your web sites in the past and already had most of your tunes downloaded to my iPod. It was nice to listen to them again.

Bill, I clicked on the You Tube link heard the sound first then wondered whether I'd see a band or someone playing an arranger. Love, that Wersi.

#132677 - 09/22/07 03:49 AM Re: I Have a Request
bruno123 Offline

I feel very privileged to have been immersed in that world in all it's phases
including my work of playing concerts in many places, at the same time see the senior hobbyists truly enjoy their home organ hobby. It's a shame the baby-boomers can't relate to the organ and that world continues to shrink in the US. Looks like it's alive and well in Europe.

Anyway, John, I think I have some tunes that fit your description here: http://scottlmusic.com/Listen.html

It is true, many have turned away from the organ. And now the electric piano is becoming a favorite. Or the acoustic piano with an electronic attachment to record or play any type of music. We are almost back to the organ.

One fault I did find with the people who demonstrated the organ, that made it sound like an organ. I fell in love with the organ after hearing a recording of I can’t get started, it was difficult to distinguish if I was listening to an organ or a live band. Our keyboards were mothered by the organ.

I owned two Wersi home organs, The Delta X500 and a smaller one that I was able to take the top part off and bring it to the job. Talking about a heavy keyboard, ouch.

John C.

#132678 - 09/22/07 03:52 AM Re: I Have a Request
bruno123 Offline

Scott, Thank you, and well done. Part of you is wanting to please, nice

John C.

#132679 - 09/22/07 04:37 AM Re: I Have a Request
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Scott Langholff,

That's the one...Ric Ianone. I came to know him when he was with Wersi. An incredible player, yes. He also developed software for Wersi.

I had the pleasure of seeing Hector Olivera in concert in Taipei (Taiwan) in 1981 or 1982. At the time he was with Kawai. Dennis Awe...I bought some of his workshop material, was still with Technics at the time. He's with Lowrey now. Is his sister still with Yamaha? Larry Farrari...I am pretty sure that he had his own radio program. As far as I know it aired on Sunday mornings.

John (Bruno), was that a Wersi Prisma?

Taike

#132680 - 09/22/07 04:50 AM Re: I Have a Request
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Taike

I can't believe the Rick Iannoe doesn't have a website.

I don't know if Dennis's sister is with Yamaha. Larry had a weekly radio or tv show I think out of Philly or there abouts for years.

Yes, John the arranger keyboards and digital ensembles are tending to replace the home organ in that they are doing what the those organs did for many years. The part that is missing is the public interest. No longer do a lot of people show up especially on a consistent basis like the home organ world. I do miss it a bunch. Every so often I get tempted to move to one of the areas where there is a very high population of the senior community that enjoys and supports it.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 09-22-2007).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online