SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13264 - 01/23/06 03:25 PM creating rythm on wk3000
megabase Offline

Loc: Columbia, MD USA
I recently purchased a wk3000. I have never had a keyboard like this before. I have two issues. Can you create your own rythm with the keyboard,if so, how, and of course, how do you record tracks on it. PLEASE let me know.

#13265 - 01/24/06 05:50 AM Re: creating rythm on wk3000
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
To make new rhythms...you need to get the free, Casio software...at: http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex2/
The 'method' of making a rhythm is to take a standard midi file (with the channels set to match the Casio requirements)..and mark the parts of the midi file you want in your rhythm (by their 'bar' in the midi). This process is detailed in the Casio document, also found at the Download site.

The track recorder (sequencer) in the wk 3000
is accessed thru the 'song memory' button. It can record 6 tracks (channels 11 thru 16). Channel 11 also will hold the rhythm/start/end/variation information...that will play the channels 5 thru 10. Because of this file structure...the 'song' file you create will only play on the Casio (not a standard 'midi' file). After you record a track...select the next track to record...using the big blue registration buttons (they double as the track select...see the fine print, under the buttons ). The 'current track selected' will flash on the display screen (the bar display..under the channel number). For more details on the 'how to'...check out the other Casio Forum at: http://www.originalz.com/casio/casio_bbs/

I have found that it is much easier to 'sequence' a song...using midi cables to the computer, and a software sequencer, like my favorite..Power Tracks found at www.pgmusic.com
The advantage is that you end up with a 'standard' midi file...that can be played on any computer. Power Tracks is also a great 'audio recorder'....that will let you record the actual 'Casio sounds' as audio (using the Casio headphone jack...to the computer's 'line in' ). Let us know how you do

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 01-24-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online