SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132606 - 07/15/02 10:02 AM XD9 style observations ...from Dano
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I've owned all the Ketron products over the past 7 years. It was announced that the Ketron XD-9 would have new styles so that is the first thing I wanted to investigate.

Some styles are taken from the SD-1. Some have been renamed and assigned different voicing for the XD-9.

The XD-9 offers excellent dance patterns that were lacking in the X-1 series. Some of the styles mention Latin Dance 2, Dance Hit, Dance 80, Techno 1 & 2, Toy Dance, 60 Revival, Rhumba Dance, Latin House, New Soul, are the ones I found to be different than the SD-1.

Under the Party Style category, I found excellent styles called Tropical and the Rhumba Mix.

There are 30 Latin styles. Some are from the SD-1 but new ones have been added such as Balada, Italian Mambo, Batucada, just to name a few.

Under the Pop Category, the great pop and funk styles Ketron introduced with the SD-1 are present with the XD-9 but they have added a few new ones.

Some things that you will NOT find with the XD-9 are 16 beats, tribal age, new age, jazz organ 1 & 2 as a few examples. However, you can obtain those styles via the Ketron library.

One thing that Ketron has added with the XD-9 is a master volumn control for the accompaniment. This added feature makes it a lot quicker to control the accompaniments.

The XD-9 with the 3 gig hard drive comes loaded with 400 additional styles and sounds.

You will find all the song styles from the Ketron library and out of the MS series styles on the hard drive.

The XD-9 has the ability to access 40 additional styles. Ketron does provide additional styles in the XD-9 without the hard drive.

Dano
Ketronguy@yahoo.com

#132607 - 07/15/02 07:29 PM Re: XD9 style observations ...from Dano
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I had someone at work type this post up .

It would have taken a few hours for me to write . I hope it is helpful .

dano

#132608 - 07/15/02 09:31 PM Re: XD9 style observations ...from Dano
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dan, I would think someone with your digital dexterity would be an accomplished typist as well as a keyboard player.
Hey, maybe that will be the name for my "band": Digital Dexterity!
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online