SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#132515 - 12/11/02 04:12 PM First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
trtjazz Offline

Well, my first Tyros cut is up....ironically inspired by Uncle Dave the diehard non Tyros fan.

Dave said something in a post the other day about late night walks to unwind....well that inspired me to compose this vocal piece....thanks Dave ....I'll see if I can get Yammy to send you a full color Tyros brochure

Anyway....the piece is Called "Unforgiving Streets" it's all Tyros except for the vocals and a little bit of backround Stick.

Thanks if you decide to pay a visit and would appreciate any feedback of course, if you're so inclined.

On the current work page: http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

BTW: It's the full 5 minute version....usually I only put up short cuts , but this was a special occasion.

jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-11-2002).]

#132516 - 12/11/02 04:28 PM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Terry, you are very creative! Good song. You're learning the Tyros very quickly it seems.
DonM

#132517 - 12/11/02 04:46 PM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Excellent Terry,
Really enjoyed your song. It is gone midnight here and I am checking the board to the smooth sound of trtjazz Glass of red in one hand and hot toast (dripping with butter)...(no 'jam on' ), in the other. The latter two always made a great combination....all three together is easing me into Thursday in a rather pampered way Both you and the Tyros sound wonderful. Really pleased it has lived up to your expectations.
All the best
Tony W

(....anyone wondering how I managed to type this with BOTH hands full will just have to wonder )

#132518 - 12/11/02 06:21 PM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
trtjazz Offline

Don & Tony,
Thanks, I appreciate your listen and input.
jam on,
Terry

#132519 - 12/11/02 10:45 PM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow, a song that I inspired, huh? thanx Terry ! BTW - just to set the record straight - I'm not ANTI-Tyros at all. I think it sounds wonderful. I am simply against the idea of buying a keyboard without good, solid monitor speakers built in. I do so many jobs where the sound at MY part of the room is almost enough to cover the crowd, that I'd be lost if I were to rely on a pA rig to hear. It's all a question of comfort level.

I admit that my stage scenario is not the typical R&R setup, and I like it that way. I still have my hearing, and I don't get headaches after work .... no ringing in the ears, no high end loss. I atribute my vocal health to proper monitoring levels, and I ALMOST never get asked to "turn down". I make them tell me to turn it UP first .... that way I'm ahead of the game.

Anyway - thanx for the kind words ... glad you are enjoying your new toy, but as long as it remains a "mute" there will be no Tyros under my tree this year. I'm diggin the sound I get with the PA80 and this Peavey Kosmos ... it's pretty cool.

#132520 - 12/12/02 03:21 AM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

I admit that my stage scenario is not the typical R&R setup, and I like it that way. I still have my hearing, and I don't get headaches after work .... no ringing in the ears, no high end loss. I atribute my vocal health to proper monitoring levels, and I ALMOST never get asked to "turn down". I make them tell me to turn it UP first .... that way I'm ahead of the game.

Dave,
Thanks for the listen....I think? (not sure if you did or not)

As far as this other comment....you're just not fully enjoying the R&R experience then. Actually, I do not play music loud at all, except when I mix it, so I can be sure that it's all ok for others who might crank it up. although that is contrary to the type of work I do, mine is meant to be softer easy listening.
jam on,
Terry

#132521 - 12/12/02 04:23 AM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Terry,
Cool....
My kind of town.

------------------
Lou

#132522 - 12/12/02 06:59 AM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
trtjazz Offline

Lou,
Start spreadin' the news..... thanks for the listen.
Terry

#132523 - 12/12/02 07:25 AM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Terry,
I am listening right now to your song (hmmm...maybe you should call it "The ballad of Uncle Dave...." )
This is the first time I hear your voice and I have to say that I like it; I like also the style you have chosen.
In the background there is an electric piano sound (CP80 like), or is that an electric guitar? Forgive me for saying this, but I think that there are too many backing instruments (electric piano, guitar and acoustic piano too...) in my humble opinion you should leave more possibilities to listen to your really expressive voice, which is a bit masked by all those rhytm instruments.
Now there is a pleasant soprano sax solo and then again your voice; the acoustic piano is really beautiful: maybe you should leave just that one and an acoustic guitar (you know, given the country atmosphere that kind of "liquid" electric guitar sound is a bit out of place).
Now there is a violin solo: really nice! Overall pleasant country atmosphere. Maybe Don Mason could include this song in his repertoire... (hint, hint...)
Okay, it's over. Well, it's one of the best songs you have done and the Tyros really sparks your inspiration: maybe I should ask Aunt Gertrude to buy me one...

#132524 - 12/12/02 07:57 AM Re: First Tyros cut inspired by Uncle Dave
trtjazz Offline

Andrea,
Thanks for the listen and the valid input...the other backing instrument you hear faintly is my Stick.
jam on,
Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online