SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132334 - 02/01/03 02:44 PM My Interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima!
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi SynthZone Friends!

New Design At Performance Hall! First of all, I wanted to let you all know that my music website "Performance Hall" has a brand new design and layout! Along with this, it also has expanded to accommodate new content, including articles, interviews, community events, and more! Performance Hall will be more productive and updated with news and community events...so, be sure to visit the Performance Hall website to keep yourself up-to-date with the news. The news will cover what is going in the music industry, including interviews with composers, articles about musical equipment (including keyboards of course), and soon, we will have a feature that will allow you to submit your OWN interviews. [...you can visit Performance Hall by clicking here now.]

Featured Interview! With this said, to celebrate the new website design, I had the opportunity to do an interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima! It was a privilege and an honor to do an interview with this incredible composer. His extraordinary music can be heard in top-selling computer games, including Sierra's Empire Earth. He brings the quality of movie music to gaming music - and gamers play computer games just to listen to his music!

With this said, the interview is being featured on the Performance Hall website. [...you can read the interview by clicking here now!]

My gratitude goes out to Ed Lima for taking the time out of his busy schedule to answer all of my questions. As a composer myself, I learned a lot from his valuable words of wisdom and advice. I hope that you enjoy the interview and tell me what you think!

By the way, the website also features a brand new links page. If you would like your website to be included in the links section, just let me know. (Of course, my website has to be on your website in order for your website to be on my website. )

Thanks everybody and have a nice day,
Ryan

PS: My twin brother (Robby) and I have two new compositions that will be featured on the website soon. So look forward to it!

------------------
VISIT THOMAS BROTHERS MUSIC AT: http://www.webquad.com/ph

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT: http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 02-01-2003).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#132335 - 02/05/03 02:51 AM Re: My Interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima!
trtjazz Offline

Ryan,
Here's another thought for you often I will post about my latest cd and get few if any responses, however when I check my site stats, I'll have had a couple of hundred visitors. So.....you can tell if anyone out here is listening or not that way too. Also with hit counters put on your site.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 02-05-2003).]

#132336 - 02/07/03 05:07 AM Re: My Interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima!
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
I visit the synthZOne very infrequently, sometimes every day, other times once a month. I am a busy guy with a busy job.
Ryan, I did check out your website, and I think it looks pretty good. Its easy to navigate, fairly logical.
I listened to some of your songs, can you tell me what you had in mind wwriting these songs? Are they ment for games, movies, entertainment? Maybeyou can try to bring in some more variation in the instrumentation between songs, just a suggestion.

Just remember, this is a BBS, you can post messages, sometimes peoply reply, sometimes they dont.
Dont get pissed if it takes more then a day to get a response. We are all busy people that try to make a living.

Goodluck

#132337 - 02/07/03 07:17 PM Re: My Interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima!
ComposerRyan Offline

I read all of your comments...sorry for the disturbance. It is obvious that my entire topic has been focused on something other than what it was originally intended for.

Quote:
Here's another thought for you often I will post about my latest cd and get few if any responses, however when I check my site stats, I'll have had a couple of hundred visitors. So.....you can tell if anyone out here is listening or not that way too. Also with hit counters put on your site.

To me, your thoughts, comments, and opinions regarding my music is WAY more important than just a bunch of numbers and stats. I do not want numbers - I would rather hear your opinions. They matter to me a lot.

Quote:
Dont get pissed if it takes more then a day to get a response.

I am not "pissed off" as you have put it...I'm sorry if I accidentally gave you that feeling about me. That is not how I feel...I just asked an honest question and I expected an honest answer.

I have seen many posts out here that get 5 responses in a day...but mine did not get any in 4 days (except for Nigel's). That is the point that I am getting at...

Oh well...no big deal. It's fine now...this is a small little thing and problem that has been blown way out of proportion compared to what other people go through in this world. (see, I still have a good attitude! )

Talk to you later and I am looking forward to sharing my latest composition with you all,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#132338 - 02/08/03 02:01 AM Re: My Interview with composer, musician, and songwriter Ed Lima!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You have to to realize also that everyone visits Synth Zone and the BBS specifically for keyboard related info. So other music related postings may not get so much response as keyboard news and information. That is the nature of a specialized web site.

All the members that use the BBS here have hectic lives and schedules and post their opinions when they can, but you can't demand attention. That is a bit like having someone shout at you to get your attention. It comes off as being rude and hardly encourages personal interaction.

Search back through postings over the years and you will see many that have no response. It wasn't that they were bad questions or comments. It is simply the nature of a public forum. And if you publicly accounce that other members are ignoring you you have to expect that you will get responses to that statement.

I deleted most other postings from this thread as I don't think it was particularly appropriate to the forum. But this time just let it pass if there isn't the interest that you would like.

Keep on making music ComposerRyan, and I hope you understand that I am not being critical but simply trying to help you to learn how to get the most from your online interaction with your friends. Don't read so much into things or you'll give yourself ulcers. The only downside of being 17 is overeacting to things that are don't seem nearly as important as we get older. Though I must admit that that gut reaction to things is probably what makes being 17 so much fun as well It works both ways I guess.

( I'll remove this message after a day )

Cheers,
Nigel

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-08-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online