SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132210 - 02/18/06 10:02 AM Scratches on Keys and Noises
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
hey guys as you know yesterday i bought a new psr-3000.. trying to learn it when i get the time while work is 12 hours a day so i barely got some time left... anyway my question is when yesterday i got the keyboard i pressed keys and heard in 1-2 keys some strange noise... not something that is too bad but something of... spring or something that touches 2 things.. anyway after i touched keys for 10-20 mins, it kinda stoped... and is now regular, is it something i should be worry about?
and one another thing, should i be worry about scratches? or any safety ways to keep my keyboard in the best shape?, thanks

#132211 - 02/18/06 11:44 AM Re: Scratches on Keys and Noises
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are no springs beneath the keys--just keypads. However, the way the keys are hinged and lubricated, there could have been some minor imperfection in the alignment that should quickly disappear with normal use. I don't believe there is anything to worry about.

When not in use, I highly recommend keeping the board stored in a gig bag, or at the very least covered with a plastic cover to keep dust out. Store it in a warm, dry location and it should provide you with years of great service.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#132212 - 02/18/06 12:54 PM Re: Scratches on Keys and Noises
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
thank you

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online