SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#131894 - 05/04/05 06:05 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
Hey, Scott!

I don't write to this forum very often but read it almost daily. I found it when searching for info on Yamaha keyboards when I first got my PSR 530 (long time ago). I don't gig for a living. I play for fun mostly, not profit. I have (and love) my Tyros and have gained so much from this forum. Frankly, I'd be at a loss without the forum.

I'm a bit intimidated by some of the topics here since I don't know all the keyboard models, accessories, and playing styles often mentioned here. Thus I have nothing to say about many of the topics. However, I do read most of them and am learning a lot.

So don't think for a minute that this forum is losing its focus and is not important. There are lots of us lurkers (wannabees?) out here that love this forum, but feel we have very little to add. We're learning from you experts, believe me (and we greatly appreciate it)!

I do have various questions sometimes. I guess I just need to start asking.

Thanks to all the regular writers to this forum. Please accept my apology for not writing very often.

Juneau

#131895 - 05/04/05 07:56 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA

I do singing gigs at nursing homes using backing tracks I create myself using various MIDI applications. I did not know anyone who was doing what I was doing until I read some nursing-home related posts on this forum. Since then I have come to see that many on this board are breaking new ground. I consider you to be pioneers, since you are using arranger keyboards in ways they have never been used before. I deeply admire your attitude of doing what you know is right despite the righteous pooh-poohing of snobs who can't understand that an arranger keyboard can be a professional instrument in the hands of a professional.

I just finished sending a thankyou to Scott for his valuable advice. I extend that thanks to all of you who have shared your advice and expertise.

An example: I never would have dreamed of using a 3-piece computer speaker system like the Logitechs on a gig. Since readng this group I have bought 4 such systems and now never use anything else.

Douglas Wolfe

#131896 - 05/04/05 12:01 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I too started on the old forum. I believe I did a search on psr740 and found the old forum. I've stuck around because of the friendships that have developed between many of us over the years. I've also learned so much from the other members.

What ever happened to Chris Hanson?

Now that I know everything, and because Scott Yee snubbed me in his previous posting, I'm going to take my ball and go home.

Can't do that I'm addicted.

Tom

Tom

#131897 - 05/04/05 02:02 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I retired from the corporate world 2 years ago and took a position here in FL playing keyboard at church. So my keyboard playing went from a hobby to a profession overnight and I needed some insight and education quickly. This forum is where I found it!

I have learnt a lot since I found this forum in a Dogpile search, that has given me confidence to start playing gigs as well as my part time position at church. Hey it must have worked since I have recently been appointed Music Director when the previous incumbent left.

Thanks to everyone, I am still learning (and have a lot more to learn!)

#131898 - 05/08/05 09:42 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
LeoD Offline

Loc: Lusk, Co. Dublin . Rep.of Irel...
Scotyee,
Since you started this thread , I guess I'll address my answer to you. We have communicated in the past on a number of issues...usually problems I was having...and I suppose thats why I keep coming back...
The folks here are always willing to help out with little difficulties or advice...which is always needed from time to time.
I havn't been posting much lately but I do check in quite often...and have made some good friends here .
Now I have a question...who is the Guru that can advise me on how to get started using Cakewalk & Sonar as a Songs edeting tool....I am totally ignorant on the subjest ..starting with the basic KBD / PC hoo-up and what wxtra h'ware (Soundcard if any do I need for my Bog Standard PC.

Thanks to you all
LeoD...Stuck on a little Island between US & Europe...called Ireland.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online