SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#131884 - 05/03/05 11:36 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I discovered the site via google while looking to find a review on a Casio Privia digital piano. I keep coming back because of the great input from many contributors. Scott, George Kay and Gary have been particularly helpful.

#131885 - 05/03/05 01:02 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
That was a long time ago (must have been 1998, anyway before you had to register and with a complete different layout)
I can remember a discussion from those days, uncle dave had with a guy called rasheed

Anyway I came here looking for info on the roland G-800 through a guy called chris hansen, which If I recall well, was "The" or one of "the first" initiators of this forum!
Now I think of it he might even have been the moderator?

Time flies

#131886 - 05/03/05 01:22 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Maged Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
5 years ago, I was searching the internet for reviews on Ketron products as I was a very old Solton fan, Google led me to this forum where I found some excellent reviews from Uncle Dave about the X1 (Which was fairly new at that time). Another forum member (Henry) helped me buying it. Great forum, great people.

Maged

#131887 - 05/03/05 04:49 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Scott and fellow Zoners: I migrated to this board by way of Joe Waters' great PSR site. The information exchange and good natured humor are always enteraining. It's great to hear differing opinions and to discover again exactly how "human" we all are, regardless of our nationality, etc. A few minutes each day here at Synthzone and I don't feel like the "Lone Arranger" anymore.
RICE

#131888 - 05/03/05 04:59 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Its so nice to be able to ask questions and get nice, and accurate responces in less than an hour. I like being able to help other when I can too. Its sort of a help to get helped system, and it works nice. Thanks to those all that have helped me and I hope i returned the favor.

Phil

#131889 - 05/03/05 08:33 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:
That was a long time ago (must have been 1998, anyway before you had to register and with a complete different layout)
I can remember a discussion from those days, uncle dave had with a guy called rasheed

Anyway I came here looking for info on the roland G-800 through a guy called chris hansen, which If I recall well, was "The" or one of "the first" initiators of this forum!

Time flies

Of all the troublemakers we've ever had, Rasheed was the worst. Filthy, vile lauguage with NO redeeming social value. Nobody has come close since! Thank goodness.
DonM

#131890 - 05/03/05 09:17 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:

Yes freddy your memory is very good seeing that that was 7 or more years ago. And yes it was Chris Hansen who was a G800 user himself. I was running a general discussion page for Synthzone.com and he asked if I could setup the arranger forum for him to moderate. When things got put out of hand I introduced this system in 98 that required registering and gave me the ability to ban troublesome users. Around 1999 Chris decided he didn't have the time to keep moderating so I just became the sole moderator.

You can see this old archive with freddynl, UD and George Kaye and more. But because this page takes SO LONG to load when it finally comes up read the postings by right clicking on the links and open them in a new window so the main page doesn't have to keep reloading.

#131891 - 05/03/05 09:41 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Scott,

I really don't know what brought me here in the first place - I certainly wasn't "born" here (like Gary). I think probably a referral on PSR Tutorial Forum (Joe Waters' site) - but once I got here it was easy to see this was the place to be. All of the professional musicians such as Uncle Dave, Gary Diamond, Don Mason, Donny Pesche - (and others) all my idols. A community that was always accepting of others that had common interests whether or not they are "professionals"; just the fact that all enjoyed playing music, performing and most of all sharing their experience(s) with others. Not judging whether they are from Germany, Scandavian countries, South America, Africa - or anywhere else. When I first started there was not much concern regarding OT posts - which were just "extra" information items that I could read the subject and if interested I could read the post. On occasion someone would show up and recklessly bombard one of the "old-timers" about their opinions or ideas. Typically they wouldn't be around long because our "family" would, in many cases, let them know don't come around unless you want to be part of our family - and everyone was welcome to share their opinion as long as there was no name calling, dis-respect or rudeness. I think Nigel does a tremendous job running this forum - maybe something might work better at times but I'm sure Nigel will make the changes he sees fit to make. Basically,I like the forum they way it is. However, we do sometimes get newbies that come in and want to change things without first getting to know the "family". That does irk me on occasion. If they would just give it a little time they might see why the "old-timers have hung around for so long and why we get along so well. I may have swerved off your original question - but whatever reason I first came here, I will probably remain unless it really loses focus on the fact that there's alway help and friendly conversation close at hand regarding something "most" of us love. Music - playing it; performing it; or just sitting on the porch talking about it.

vc

------------------
Vern

#131892 - 05/03/05 10:44 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just went back through the old archive of Chris H.'s page. Seems my first post was on 9-14-98. Here it is:

Posted by Don on September 14, 1998 at 09:40:39:

I have one of these that I can't use. It is really neat. It allows you to transmit lyrics from Roland arranger keyboards to external t.v. Also lets you edit the lyrics. I'm going to advertise it on Harmony Central today. Email to discuss.

This was before you had to register. I logged in under Don, Don Mason and DonM at various times. I remember reading for a month or so before I first posted.
DonM

#131893 - 05/03/05 11:12 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
fathan Offline

Loc: Indonesia
What brought me here is the search of advices from sincere people and what keeps me here is because this is my home!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online