SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#131874 - 05/02/05 01:10 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
It was Google, what else could it be !

There are lots of eyes and ears that helped me findout the latest and greatest arranger keyboard out there. Plus some helps if I need one. Without this place, I would be kind of lost my bearing in the arranger world. It's like living without a God's guidance and protection. BTW there is a real God out there.

#131875 - 05/02/05 03:10 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I don't recall how I found this. An online link maybe or a search engine. There is a lot of knowledge here. I play guitar. Arranger keyboards, heck, keyboards in general, are new to me. I don't play very well, been at it (keys) two or three years. Even the lesser models are amazing machines. It blows my mind. There is much to learn. It's actually quite overwhelming but I'm getting around pretty good now. But learning all you can do, it's quite a task.

There are many wonderful people on here. And always some who put you down. If possible, I do try to find an answer before I ask it on here. Besides, questions help everyone.

After I was on here, I recognized DonM as someone I met years ago and found out I am 20 miles from him. He and many others have been very helpful.

Online forums are amazing sources of knowledge. Every once in awhile, I help someone.

#131876 - 05/02/05 03:21 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I came, like many others, when Technics Canada shut down. It was June of 1999, and of course it was a different format (pre-Nigel!).
It was even available in two languages, if I recall correctly.
I stay, because if I left, you animals would destroy one another within days.

DonM

#131877 - 05/02/05 03:30 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
A friend musician told me about this forum, as the only forum arranger keyboard oriented available in the net. I had just started playing regularly in public with a G1000. I visited the forum for some months before I decided to post my first message. Lots of good information and interesting conversation about arrangers. The purchase of my first real party-beast, the Ketron X4, was very much influenced by the good advice I gathered here.

Although I don't come here every day, I really like this place and keep coming here whenever I can. Why? Because of the well balanced mix between excellent technical/musical info and an interesting community atmosphere, with really interesting people (although sometimes difficult personalities ).

-- José.

#131878 - 05/02/05 04:19 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Well There I was setting in a outhouse by a Billabong in the aussie outback, when I looked up and saw the written word (FOR A GOOD TIME TRY NIGEL'S SITE) I did and the poster was correct. By the way lovely penmanship Nigel.

By the way #2 (The picture that was nailed to the wall) was that Scott Yee in a yellow wig with a OMBander?......Pose

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 05-02-2005).]

#131879 - 05/02/05 05:10 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by loungelyzard:
Scott Yee in a yellow wig with a OMBander

Pretty cute, huh? That was actually me cousin, Waltzing Matilda, that Uncle Dave had his arm around. I only trust, now that he's now happily married, there'll be no more of THAT going on. - Scott

motto: go swimming with the fishes, get eaten by the sharks.

#131880 - 05/03/05 12:55 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
o3bor Offline

I joined when discussions about Roland G-70 started and I was interested in it.
Now I stay because I found interesting to know opinions coming from different parts of the world.
Furthermore, I like to be helpful (if I can be) when someone has a problem.

#131881 - 05/03/05 05:21 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I found this place using Google, when I was looking for a keyboard / arranger to replace my PSR 630. This looked like a good place for decent information on the subject, so I asked a few questions and got some very good answers. I've been here ever since, chipping in occasionally. I try to stay out of the off topic stuff (although I have been responsible for some such items!) and especially try not become embroiled in some of the flamier items.

I check in most days and respond when I think I've got something useful to add.

Certainly the forum doesn't seem as dynamic as as times in the past, but then there isn't too much happening in the market and we cannot just keep reiterating the same old stories, can we?

There are still a lot of people out there whose opinions I respect. I intend to continue "stopping by" for as long as I remain interested in keyboards. I hope this will be for some considerable time!

Thanks are due to you to all for help to date and help that is to come.

John

#131882 - 05/03/05 11:14 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
I am a brand new member. This is my third post. I think AJ told me about this forum six months ago at Washington Music Center when he was rocking up the place on his SD1 Plus. Then I forgot about it and found it by accident doing a Yahoo! or Google search on Ketron versus Tyros, versus Korg.
I came here because I want to get an arranger and I'm still trying to decide which one while I save up the cash.
I like it because it's informative and I even like all the drama about OT posts. I think its funny because the OT post comments are the most frequent off topic threads I've read, lol. JUST KIDDING!!
- Dan

#131883 - 05/03/05 11:23 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Dear Scott.

Long time ago, I was looking for a new kdb (Yamaha Psr 9000)and via Google I found this fantastic music corner.

What keeps me here?
People as you, my SFrancisco buddy.

Cheers
Chico

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online