SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#131844 - 04/30/05 12:10 AM What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The thing that attracted me to this forum initially (way back in 1999) was because the forum I was previously at (Technics Canada Forum) was closing. Being fairly new to arranger at that time, with the Technics KN5000 being only my 2nd arranger, following my brief affair with the Roland RA800 (module version of the G800) I was looking for a forum which provided a diversity of opinions on all makes/models of arranger keyboards. As I live in a major metropolitan area (SF Bay Area) where even good musicians are a dime a dozen & music & the arts flourish, while arranger keyboard interest on the other-hand was limited to amateur home-players only, and pooh poohed by the 'quote- unquote' pro musicians here. I was at a cross roads then whether I was entering the dark side to utilize an arranger for pro performance. Only after meeting arranger friends here on SZ did I finally fully appreciate the full potential of an arranger keyboard for a pro musician in performing. The one thing that keeps me COMING BACK here regularly (daily?!) is because I've met so many wonderful people here (from all over the world) over the years, having had the opportunity to meet many in person (& playing music together) with some who now have become lifelong friends who I meet up with on a regular basis now. The Synthzone forum has given me the rare opportunity to connect with and meet arranger enthusiasts from all around the Country (USA) & throughout the world, and I appreciate most the cross cultural exchanges, both musical and otherwise. Many thanks to Nigel for making this all possible for us. I'm really interested now in hearing from others about how you found this forum, and what keeps you here as well.

Scott

#131845 - 04/30/05 02:21 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I found the forum when I was searching for keyboard information on the net. I had decided to see if i could find something to replace the Casio, since it had served me well for 10 years and seemed good enough for me by then (early 2004) but then I stumbled on some keyboard demos on the net and my jaws fell off....I couldn't believe the quality I was hearing....anyway back to the topic. I first saw synthzone and looked at the various pages, then realized there was a forum. I was HOOKED. There were people that used an arranger to make money, and I realised that some of these people, had owned probably everything (Scootyee, Fran Carango, Uncle Dave and others) AND also knew how to properly lay down a sentence on virtual paper. Or sometimes some couldn't, and flames would go up.
The rest is history, I log on every day, to see what's going on and I enjoy it very much. I don't like the recent war about OT psts and what is OT, where it should have been or when, but I prefer to remain silent since I believe it will pass.
Amen

#131846 - 04/30/05 02:23 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
...and my name is Theodore, not Amen!

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 04-30-2005).]

#131847 - 04/30/05 02:40 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, since you asked.... I actually work for a secret agency and am here in disguise to monitor you all. In the years I have been a member here I have written a socio-psychological profile of you all and keep it constantly updated. My secret mission is to single out people who could be potentially dangerous for the occidental way of living.
So.... if looking outside your window you see a black car with two men inside, wearing black suits and sunglasses.... you are either watching the shooting of a scene of "Blues Brothers 3" or you are in my blacklist.

Disclaimer: please, consider what I wrote as a joke (a la Don Mason) and carry on like I didn't say anything; this will be of great help for my job.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 04-30-2005).]

#131848 - 04/30/05 02:43 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I found this forum after finding the Technics forum when I got my kn5000. I found a wider range of topics discussed,and working pros. Between the two,I have gained a wealth of knowledge and new friends I will have for a lifetime. This certainly includes Scott.
Bernie

#131849 - 04/30/05 05:05 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I'm here since about 3 months. The overwhelming of this forum with OT posts causes me now to leave this forum forever...I hate you all...

Okay, that's only the half truth! In reality I'm here since about 3 and a half months...

Okay, okay, okay!!! I'm just kidding! I don't wanna leave this forum and I also love you all and I'm really here since about 3 months. I came to this forum as a part of my quest through the WWW - I've searched for some informations about my Kurzweil.
I've got some really good helping hands and so I thought that this place could give me so much more than this. I'm staying here because I hope that I can give some helpful informations back to you...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-30-2005).]

#131850 - 04/30/05 07:00 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was born here. See, it's stated on my birth certificate!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#131851 - 04/30/05 07:18 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
I came here in the first place to get some advice on what new arranger to buy (Casio WK3500 or Roland EXR-series). After I got the information I wanted I stayed just because so many interesting topics were brought up and it's always nice to meet people interested in music and keyboard playing.
Btw, I found SynthZone through www.exr5.tk, which I visited to get info about the Roland EXR line.
I'm not posting that often but I check the topics every day to see if something interesting comes up and I hope some time I can contribute something to this very nice place.

------------------

Robert.

#131852 - 04/30/05 07:29 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
MrEd Offline

Its part of my probation agreement.

I'm learning how to get along with various personalities, attitudes, viewpoints...
How to look beyond the critic but to see if there is any value to be gained in the criticism...
How to make adjustments, to forgive and to forget...

This may be common horse sense to some,
but not to the not-so-famous keyboard-playing MrEd

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 04-30-2005).]

#131853 - 04/30/05 07:32 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:
I became a member since 11-25-00, all because I was looking to buy a Solton/Ketron X1 HD...and I did find all the info and support. Also since then, I did buy other boards and did meet George Key, great guy !!..This forum is also addictive, I check EVERYDAY...keeps me up to date in the arranger worls, besides the tips, humor...etc. Thank you Gary, Scott, Don, U.D., Dan, and everyone !!.

------------------
mdorantes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online