SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#131820 - 07/21/05 09:38 AM help needed w/freeze, registration saving
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Don't know if I can even put into typed words what I need to find out! UGH!

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to group songs into registrations, instead of style disks, for several reasons. I need some one on one help talking thru registration saving issues.

Because I am SO corn-fused at this point - is there any one person here who could give me 10-15 minutes of their time, on the telephone? It will be on my dime - of course - I guess i just need to talk thru what i AM doing, and make sure i'm headed in the right direction . . .
just give an email if you want to volunteer . . .

thanks in advance . . .

jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#131821 - 07/21/05 09:44 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll be happy to help but it will have to be later this evening. I'll bet Gary Diamond will jump in here and phone you.
I'll check back later today to see if you got help. It's simple once you understand the process.
DonM

#131822 - 07/21/05 09:55 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jill, I'll be glad to help as well. Feel free to email me and we can arrange a one on one telephone chat. - Scott

#131823 - 07/21/05 10:04 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
girljam Offline

email sent to you scott . . .

jill

#131824 - 07/21/05 10:09 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
Dnj Offline

E mail Gary Diamond he's an expert in PSR Yamaha Registrations and KB operations.
also check out the PSR Tutorial site.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/L/lessons.html http://www.psrtutorial.com/L/PER/Reg1Steps.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-21-2005).]

#131825 - 07/21/05 10:20 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
girljam Offline

thanks donny-
i've read those and the manual till i'm blue in the face, and believe me - i'm WAY more dangerous than i was!!!
The more i learn, the more I say, "huh, well maybe i'll go back and re think some things!!"
I know that the way you set up your keyboard is a personal preference thing, and seems to really depend on the style of your playing, and playing ability, i imagine.
I guess I want to make sure that i'm not setting up a bunch of things, only to find out that there was an easier, or "better" way!

Jill

#131826 - 07/21/05 10:41 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
Dnj Offline

Heres the way I do it with the 3k.....I set up about 20 assorted styles some factory some others stored in user, I then use these styles to Play Everything I need ....because there isnt a song I do that doiesnt use one of the 20 styles!
I setup Registrations for each of the styles and use them to play all my songs....this way I only have minimal registration instead of 100's of registrations for all my songs which makes realtime navagation a nightmare. You can play so many songs off of ONE style why repeat the setups over and over again especially with a dance floor full of people you gotta change songs in seconds...,but this is just for me and it has worked for years on stage, we all do it different find what works for you.

#131827 - 07/21/05 11:26 AM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill,

Email me your phone number at keyboard@bcpl.net and I'll call you ASAP.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#131828 - 07/21/05 12:31 PM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by girljam:
email sent to you scott . . .
jill

followup: Jill called me on the phone, and in addition to telling her my reg setup method + use of the freeze button, we had fun sharing music background & gig experience stories coming from our shared background as tradition piano players. Jill, I'm looking forward to eventually hearing your music as well as your continued participation on our great forum here. - Scott

#131829 - 07/21/05 01:29 PM Re: help needed w/freeze, registration saving
girljam Offline

The support here is 2nd to NONE!
Between the posts and phone conversations and emails I received, I feel like a HUGE weight was lifted off of my shoulders!
There are SO many ways to utilize and set up the 2100, it can be mind boggling!
I now have a much better understanding of not only how, but WHY other players do what they do! This was key for me, and now i can better experiment with what feels most comfortable!!
Scott and Gary, thanks for your valuable time and info and the "personal" little training sessions - I'm feeling light years ahead right now . . .

Onward and Upward!!!!!!!

Jill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online