SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#131793 - 03/17/05 03:31 PM Re: Simulation - How close a real B3?!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
hmm, I thought it was on SZ's start page, but I guess I'm wrong.. like that's the first time THAT's ever happened..lol

Well here it is :
http://www.asio4all.com/

Best Regaards,

AJ

#131794 - 03/17/05 03:32 PM Re: Simulation - How close a real B3?!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks AJ I'll give it a try.
Mike

#131795 - 03/17/05 04:57 PM Re: Simulation - How close a real B3?!
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
I run B4 as a stand alone program. No host needed. I use an Audigy 2 w ASIO drivers. I Have a PCR50 as controller. I also have a Roland VK7. Some sounds are better on the B4.
But I can use a swell and speed pedal on the VK7.
Has anyone tried B4Buddy with the B4. I have it but I dont get it. Whats it for?
Smokey

#131796 - 03/18/05 01:24 PM Re: Simulation - How close a real B3?!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Sorry this isn't a very good picture but I thought you guys might enjoy it anyway. This is a Novation X-Station 49 keyboard with a Toshiba P2120 subnotebook running NI B4. I just got the X-Station, which is a new 8-voice synth/midi controller/audio interface with ASIO. You just plug a single USB cable from the keyboard into the laptop and that's all you need... even the power for the keyboard is supplied by USB. I've only been testing this setup but I intend to take this little softsynth rig to a jam session sometime with one of my Motion Sound KP-series amps for fun. It sounds terrific, and the X-Station comes with a template for the B4 so the knobs control many parameters such as rotor speed, acceleration, overdrive etc. and of course drawbars via the sliders.

I didn't buy the X-Station for this purpose ( I bought it to go with Reason v3) however it makes a dandy little organ when you add a B4-loaded laptop. The X-Station also has it's own synth sounds also, and more info can be found at www.novationmusic.com. It's my first true softsynth-based live performance rig.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 03-18-2005).]

#131797 - 03/18/05 04:36 PM Re: Simulation - How close a real B3?!
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
If and when I need a B3 sound, I get what I need (and then some)..from my T3. It's just a matter of going into it and editting the parameters and tweaking 'til you get the sound you're after.
That said, unless you run it out of a 15" or better, I honestly can't see where you'd get that full sound required, short of using an honest to goodness B3 with a leslie cabinet.
I get a lot of fellow kb players that I associate with commenting on the great B3 sounds I'm able to achieve.
Sure..I'd love to park myself behind a B3 for real, but when you're gigging regularly....one little problem arises....
..Transportation.

My 3 cents worth....with apologies to Frostbyte.
btw: The CX-3 is a very sweet ride. I just wish they didn't cost so much up here in Canucklehead Land.
...Just my thots.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 03-18-2005).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online