SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#131670 - 09/26/05 04:51 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Roel Offline

Graham,
I'm sorry but I do someway disagree with you this time.
If a musical instrument is well designed with perfect interface and glitch-free software, updates should not be needed. (The same for other software e.g. on PC's)

I got the idea some products are developed too fast and released while not ready at all. (still glitches, missing features etc.)
All updates that are needed to get these machines working 100% are not to 'please' the customers wishes, but a result of bad manufacturer policies.

In the past there was one perfect example of Ketron to please customers. For the SD1 they developed a total new software UPGRADE 4.x for free that resulted in a much better sounding machine.

My point is :
Releasing many updates is NOT a measure of how much a company cares/listens to customers

#131671 - 09/26/05 05:19 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roel, to the best of my knowlege, Every Version 2 update that Roland releases definately added features that improved the instrument[many not found in the competition]..
I agree that the standard OS updates primarily fix bugs[and I hope all manufacturers continue this]...but the "Version 2" is always an upgrade..

#131672 - 09/26/05 04:02 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O

Me 2. - Scott

#131673 - 09/26/05 04:05 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Roel Offline

Scott,

I knew you would order very soon

Congrats!

#131674 - 09/26/05 04:20 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Good show Scott,
Happy to hear you are joining us with a new Tyros 2. You are the fourth one of us synthzone members that I know of that has placed an order with Dan for a new Tyros.
We are close enough that if you ever get in a jam and need a backup spare it is only 50 miles down to my place to borrow mine. Of course it is 50 miles back to your home and then another 100 miles to return it.
Hmmmm, Maybe you best just order a spare considering the price of California Gas at 3.15 for the cheap stuff.
Maybe the next Jam here at my place ought to be a Yamaha jam. Something to think about.
Bebop

#131675 - 09/26/05 10:55 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It's hard to imagine why so many here want to buy the Tyros2 sight unseen.

Diki. I believe, I as well, was the FIRST (or 2nd) TyrosI owner here on SZ, purchasing it 'sight unseen' when it was first released. Back then too, several SZ members teased me for taking such a sight unseen plunge. The joke 'now' is that TyrosI has become one the most popular pro level arrangers keyboards owned among the SZ General Arranger forum membership.

In fact, TyrosI immediately (from the get go) became my favorite performance keyboard, and it continues to inspire me musically, both on stage and at home in the studio. Realizing that Tyros2 continues the tradition of TyrosI with basically the same (similar) OS, it includes dramatically new impressive features & enhancements that have addressed my wishes in TyrosI; just to name a few: new super articulation 'playable mega voices, new & enhanced style patterns, digital audio track recording, audio sample playback, enhanced MusicFinder features, removeable Flash Memory, future downloadable new styles + downloadable new instrument voice packs, improved keyboard response & feel.

I'm confident that my 'sight unseen' risk is far less risky this time around than with TyrosI. Will Tyros2 be as big of a success as TyrosI? I can't predict the future, but from the evidence I've 'heard': Tyros2 demos, and people I've talked to who've actually seen, heard, or played it, I'm willing to bet on its success.

As an added note, I heard (rumor?) that Tyros2 is being manufactered in Japan, and not in China, as TyrosI was. Manufactering costs are certainly cheaper in China, but I suspect Yamaha Japan wants to keep closer tabs on their new Tyros2 proprietary patent technology, as China has developed a reputation for ignoring international patent laws.

Ok. The reason I decided to order my Tyros2 now (and not later) is so I can get it early enough to have 'ready to go' for the upcoming hectic holiday performance season, the busiest time of the year for the gigging musician.

Scott

#131676 - 09/26/05 11:03 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scotty.....Why To Go....I'm with ya man...we
talked and are on the same wavelenth...again
I want to congratulat you on making a good
decission.....
Tony Rome

#131677 - 09/27/05 03:32 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The new Tyros 2 is made in Japan. I have varified this with the PSR Division Manager here in Los Angeles.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#131678 - 09/27/05 04:09 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Scottyee Offline

Yep, "Made in Japan" was once synonomous with 'cheaply made' junk , but now it's analogous to fine quality & workmanship.

Ok, here's more revealing Tyros2 news I've heard :
1. Tyros2 weighs 4.63 lbs MORE than Tyros1
2. Tyros2 & Tyros1 share the same length & height, but Tyros2 is .87 inches deeper (front to back).

I suspect the weight difference may be partly the result of the promised improved Tyros2 keys, including a more weighted responsive feel & better build quality than Tyros1.

I hope Tyros2 will fit in the case I currently use for my Tyros1 keyboard: Kaces Porter w/ Wheels Model #KKP9KB, 44.5" x 17" x 6.5" http://www.aceproducts.com/porter.html

Scott

#131679 - 09/27/05 04:28 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I hope Tyros2 will fit in the case I currently use for my Tyros1 keyboard:[/URL]

Scott, it should be an easy fit, if you can fit the your Ty1 in it with the speaker brackets on. Chony.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online