SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#131660 - 09/22/05 12:25 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Diki....Se-La-Vi...Some got more...Some got
less...never underestimate the power of someone talking themselves into or out of
something they really want or don't want...
car salesmen live by this....I guess it's the same with keyboards...what is your priority.....
Tony Rome

#131661 - 09/22/05 02:48 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
DIKI,
I can only reply to you that I have 11 keyboards here in the recording studio that go back to the Hoehner D6 clavinet. they all play and get used now and then.
I am 74 years old, have gigged half of that time and then got smart enough to go into business for 30 years. I retired and now play what I want, where I want, how I want, and can buy whatever I want. No more rude a&&holes puring drinks in my piano or down my neck, no more flat tenors using my mike, No more virtuosos wanting to play the next set, no more kids wanting a first chair in my band. Life is good Hope you get there soon
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
Bill Forrest in Central CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#131662 - 09/22/05 03:03 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Bravo Billy....us OLD guys know where it's at eeh.....man enjoy it for another 74 years
and see how the music comes back around....
Tony Rome

#131663 - 09/24/05 08:38 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

YO TONY,
Well the doc sez maybe another 10 years so I think I am going on tour again for the next 9 years.Gonna load up two keyboards Tyros 2 and KN7000, Motion Sound Stereo Amp KP200S, a couple mics, and a laptop into the new motorhome and head down the road.
We toured the first time for 5 years and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Bebop

#131664 - 09/24/05 11:32 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, I've been gigging for 35 of my 50 years, no reason to slow down now!

Don't want to ruffle too many feathers, just trying to inject a little caution here. The very fact that some of you ADMIT to buyer's remorse should slow you down a bit.

Just one more question.. if you CAN play the piano, what on earth makes you want to play a 61 note keyboard? There are enough players bemoaning Yamaha's refusal to slap a high quality keybed on a high quality keyboard to make me think I'm not alone here. I would take a MUCH closer look at the Tyros if it had enough keys to play on!

By the way, Roland have only released ONE OS update to the G70 so far (1.04 to 1.10), mostly to fix the 'Band-In-A- Cathedral' voicing approach by the European programmers. They are about to release a new OS (2.0) that add several brand new features to the keyboard (including a Guitar Mode completely new to the instrument) as well as many requested features and bug-fixes. One update by Yamaha to fix a USB problem, but no new functionality? In how many years?

Not to denigrate the Tyros, but also not to denigrate the G70!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-24-2005).]

#131665 - 09/25/05 11:32 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Dan O'Neil owner of Keyboard City in Baltimore where I ordered my Tyros 2 has his first allottment nearly sold out. After this first group is sold they will be back ordered to the next allottment.
I think this keyboard is going to be a big seller in the Technics Community.
I have been doing more research, playing more demo's and listening to the new sounds and I am getting anxious. Two of our Technic's members have also placed their order with Dan.
Bebop

#131666 - 09/25/05 06:45 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
It's one thing to hear Yamaha Reps and Dealers praise this new board.....................

It's another thing when average musicians who have played this machine in Europe or seen it demonstrated have posted some remarkable accounts of its marvels. A friend of mine saw one in England last week and was awestruck. I hope to experience the same when I get mine!!!

Does anyone know if their are differences between the European Tyros II and the one that will be in the USA? Obviously, the power supply is different, are the onboard styles the same?

#131667 - 09/26/05 12:33 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Since there's been some disappointment over the Tyros2, I want to pass on to Yamaha my
appreciation for getting it right, at least from my prspective. I'd guess I'd call myself an "arranger player;" i.e., two octaves on the bottom for playing chords and three on the top for soloing are plenty (I don't do a lot of long runs up the
keys, don't know how). I wouldn't want the extra weight from any additional keys. What I do want is great sounds and styles, and as a veteran of Yammi boards for many years, I think the Tyros2 is really going to take the whole arranger thing to a new place. Also, a couple of sereo tracks for simple recording is a great plus and probably enough (why carry around a recording studio. . .that's what computers are for). I do hope the harmonizer is better than on earlier boards. If it is, that's another big step forward. I appreciate that other folks have their own needs, but for me, I think Yamaha has got it right, and that's why I've ordered the Tyros2 sight unseen (at least at this point). DerfM

#131668 - 09/26/05 01:27 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Roel Offline

Derfmuisc,
The same for me !

#131669 - 09/26/05 03:58 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
People complain that a certain board has not had an OS update...Now they complain that there are to many updates.
Roland have provided more OS updates in response to requests from owners suggestions for added requirements. Roland to their credit have followed this through with new OS updates for the players benefit. Korg is another example of listening to their customers and providing new addititional improvements.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online