Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#131650 - 09/21/05 07:27 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:

Ooops. Sorry. Didn't know about that policy.
I was just curious to see what kind of deal Dano was offering. I know the musicians buy price was posted, so the next questions is how does Dano come in relation to that.

Didn't mean any harm....

As he said before, he'll beat their price.
DonM

#131651 - 09/21/05 07:14 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Beakybird Offline

I have bought 4 keyboards so far from Dano. I highly recommend him.

Beakybird

#131652 - 09/21/05 07:32 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have bought a lot of keyboards from a lot of places but the only two I can reccomend is Matt in Las Vegas and Dan in Baltimore. The rest of them are run like a used car lot
BEBOP

#131653 - 09/21/05 11:44 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Greetings. . .
I'm a new guy who's been lurking off and on
for several years. Thought it was time to step out of the shadows. Anyway, I'm on board (didn't notice the pun at first) for a new Tyros2 with Dan O. Talked to him on the phone and he sounded like an okay kind of guy, and I can't imagine a better deal. A little background. . .I've been working on some original songs on my PSR 2100 now that my real career is getting near the end (broadcast news in the San Francisco Bay Area. ..don't blame the messanger). I'm returning to a first love as a musician in the late 60's and early 70's.
Anyway, very excited about the Tyros2. I think it sounds phenomenal and maybe it'll take me to the next level. Thanks for years
of great information. User name is supposed to be "DerfMusic."

#131654 - 09/22/05 07:15 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
paulinez Offline

Loc: W. Palm Beach, Fl
I just bought my tyro 2 from Dan O. He gave me a great price. He was really terrific on the phone and explained everything fully. Can't wait until I get it.

Pauline

#131655 - 09/22/05 07:29 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Wel, it looks as if DAN is the MAN for the Tyros II.....I will call today and see for myself...
Tony Rome

#131656 - 09/22/05 07:37 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
Greetings. . .
I'm a new guy who's been lurking off and on
for several years. Thought it was time to step out of the shadows. Anyway, I'm on board (didn't notice the pun at first) for a new Tyros2 with Dan O. Talked to him on the phone and he sounded like an okay kind of guy, and I can't imagine a better deal. A little background. . .I've been working on some original songs on my PSR 2100 now that my real career is getting near the end (broadcast news in the San Francisco Bay Area. ..don't blame the messanger). I'm returning to a first love as a musician in the late 60's and early 70's.
Anyway, very excited about the Tyros2. I think it sounds phenomenal and maybe it'll take me to the next level. Thanks for years
of great information. User name is supposed to be "DerfMusic."

HI DERF,
Welcome to our forum with your first post. I guess you already know everybody if you have been lurking here for a long while.
I live in San Jose, so you are just up the hiway from me a couple hundred miles. I wold email you but you did not put up your email address.
BEBOP

#131657 - 09/22/05 07:39 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by paulinez:
I just bought my tyro 2 from Dan O. He gave me a great price. He was really terrific on the phone and explained everything fully. Can't wait until I get it.

Pauline

Wow, that's great Pauline. Happy for you and me both
Best to you
Bebop

#131658 - 09/22/05 11:57 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's hard to imagine why so many here want to buy the Tyros2 sight unseen. Yamaha's dealers must have a very generous return policy! (Many bugs aren't discovered for several weeks of use)

I read SO many posts here from folk who say 'I bought xyz synth and decided I didn't like it, so I bought abc synth, didn't get along with it, now I got an rst on order'........ are you ALL lawyers and doctors?? ;-)

I am a working professional musician, and there is NO WAY I would ever buy a keyboard after only one time playing it in a store, yet alone sight unseen. Most of the keyboards I have bought have been used on gigs by me for at least five years (got seven out of the G1000, hoping for at least that much from the G70!) and the familiarity that that length of time on one instrument can bring allows MUCH more comfort on a gig and the ability to concentrate on the music, not 'where's the Fill/Rit button on THIS one'!

Buy in haste, repent at leisure (but it will sure make you popular with your pusher - I mean dealer!).

#131659 - 09/22/05 12:17 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Roel Offline

Diki,

I must admit I made that mistake at the time the G70 was around the corner.
I was not really impressed by the demo's and even not the first show, but did order one.

After the G70 arrived and I started using it and hearing it there was HUGE disappointment. Nothing new, lots of glitches and bugs. I returned it after one day. Even after one year of upgrades more updates are needed to polish the G70.

Now I did the same again, but I have much more faith in Yamaha products than in e.g. Roland.
Since the Tyros 1 was released only ONE major update was needed to eliminate an USB device fault.

Roland : 3 or 4 in 1 year.
Yamaha : 1 .... in 3 years !!

See the difference ?

Some say they do not hear/see any revolutionary stuff in the Tyros-2.... well I'm blown away and this machine will be my buddy for sure !!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online