SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131252 - 03/30/06 08:47 AM Any good laptop security locks?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Like many of you, my laptop is companion with me by performances. I've long wanted to buy a security lock and finally got around to buying one on ebay last week. However it was so flimsy, that I was able to snap the lock without much effort.

Does anyone have experience with a good lock that won't move without the table its tied to?

Chony

#131253 - 03/30/06 09:03 AM Re: Any good laptop security locks?
Dnj Offline

#131254 - 03/30/06 09:14 AM Re: Any good laptop security locks?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chony, unfortuneately, these devices are for the honest crooks {petty thief}..real crooks will take the table it is bolted on...

The best solution..always have it with you, or where you can keep an eye on it..

Personally, I dislike dishonest people, and have no room for them in my life....I am serious!!!

#131255 - 03/30/06 09:26 AM Re: Any good laptop security locks?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Nothing to do with your question Chony, but you got me going..

I was parked sitting in my car, in front of a super market..An elderly man stood at the front door after shopping..he was counting his money...he dropped a fifty dollar bill without knowing he did so....A woman saw him drop it and stepped on it , to cover it up ,so the man would not be aware that he dropped it...As the gentlemen began to walk away...I jumped out of my car, and called to the man, loud enough that all could hear me..."My friend, you dropped a fifty dollar bill , and that lady is hiding it with her foot...so you won't see it"..The look on the woman's face was "priceless"..I am sure she won't forget being caught...but I am sure she will still be a crook anytime she gets the chance.....These things "bug" me...

#131256 - 03/30/06 12:56 PM Re: Any good laptop security locks?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.wesecure.com/

DNJ, Do you have experience with these? I don't want to buy another one which isn't tight and sturdy.

Fran, good move!

#131257 - 03/30/06 08:14 PM Re: Any good laptop security locks?
Dnj Offline

chony......sorry, I dont have any need to use use my laptop on stage anymore since I bought the MidJay......

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online