SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13084 - 12/13/05 08:43 AM WK3700 midi Question??
frogc27 Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
I want to use my DD55 electric drum machine to trigger my Casio start/stop play of a sample. The problem I am having is A. I dont know anything about MIDI B. I have never owned a keyboard and dont know how to play. So if any of you have any suggestions they would be very helpful!I have this keyboard and I want to store samples on it, then I want to be able to trigger the samples through the drum machine....I have seven pads on the drum machine so I was thinking I could pre record 7 samples and assign them to a pad. Tell me if I am thinking about this the wrong way??? Or if there is a better way to go about it....

#13085 - 12/13/05 08:52 AM Re: WK3700 midi Question??
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You can send and recieve on any of the 16 channels on the WK. All you have to do is match up the midi channels on both units. However I can't see the DD55 having multiple midi channels, but it may have.

I would assume this is what you'd do. Connect a midi cable from the out port of the DD55 to the in port of the Casio. If the DD55 just has basic in and out then that should work. pressing the start button on your DD55 should trigger the Casio. I don't have a DD55, but I have several drum machines. You'll need to look into your manual and read the section on midi that deals with using the DD55 to (trigger) another midi device. They're usually laid out fairly easy to understand in the Yamaha manuals.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-13-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#13086 - 12/13/05 04:18 PM Re: WK3700 midi Question??
frogc27 Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
Squeak, thanks for your help!! This is my first attempt at this and I am a drummer so it could get painful before it's all done.... www.myspace.com/puffer

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online