SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13034 - 12/19/04 03:11 AM how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I have just bought a LK 70S and I can`t seem to get my computer to send my midi files to my keyboard.Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Sandra.

#13035 - 12/20/04 06:47 AM Re: how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Are you trying to 'load' the songs to the Casio, Or play them from the computer, using the Casio as the 'sound device'?

#13036 - 12/20/04 10:39 AM Re: how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I am trying to transfer from the computer via the USB cable onto the Casio.My computer just tells me the Casio is not responding.A light came on my casio once to say it was transfering but nothing since.I haven`t a clue what I am doing wrong

Sandra

#13037 - 12/20/04 04:02 PM Re: how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
I have the wk3000, with an older style, standard midi connector to the computer, so I'm not certain what could be going on for you. But...to test your connection, I would try to play the midi tune on the computer, and select the 'usb out' to the Casio, as the 'sounddevice'...so that the Casio speakers are playing the song. This will show that the Cable is working for the 'outgoing from the computer' connection. The biggest trouble new users have with the older midi cables (which may not relate to your trouble)...is to get the cables reversed. The cables are labled from the computer's 'point of view'. So, the midi out cable connects to the Casio's 'midi in'.
The wk3000 Uses Casio software to transfer files. Do you also use Casio software, or some other means to transfer the files?

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 12-20-2004).]

#13038 - 12/31/04 02:10 AM Re: how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
robonz Offline

why don't you just use your smart media card slot to do this, so easy to do. make a folder called CASIO_MD and put your midi files in it. seems that they are ordered by date. oldest first, therefore adding new songs doesn't change the order.

as midi files are so small the 8MB cards are ideal, so if you know anyone with a digital camera that using smart media cards they are likely to have a small meg size card, eg 8 or 16MB they don't use as they are really too small for camera use but ideal for Casio keyboards that have smart media slots. lucky for me i had just one of these with my old fuji a101 camera.

#13039 - 01/24/07 06:34 AM Re: how do I tranfer midis to my keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sandra:
Hi,
I have just bought a LK 70S and I can`t seem to get my computer to send my midi files to my keyboard.Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Sandra.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online