SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#130285 - 11/27/04 12:01 AM Wish list for PSR3100
Beakybird Offline

It might not be too late to inform Yamaha of our wish list for the successor to the PSR3000. It will probably come out next summer. There was only a year between the PSR2000 and PSR2100, but they were nearly identical keyboards. There were two years between the PSR740 and PSR2000.

Anyway, what features would you want for the keyboard? Please stay practical. I don't think it's practical to ask for aftertouch or weighted keys or sampling.

Here are some of my wishes:

1. Dedicated effects on/off button
2. Dedicated harmonizer on/off button
3. Dedicated echo/harmony on/off button
4. Natural voices from CVP keyboards
5. Something sturdier than Smart Media
6. Improved harmonizer with more realistic harmonies
7. On preset styles, associate them with suitable multipads instead of Live Drums being the default multipad setting for almost every single style
8. More footswitch capability. Maybe create a dedicated five-switch device that can be purchased separately and used with the keyboard. I think many find the MFC10 unwieldy. Even so, there are many functions you cannot access with the MFC10.
9. USER voice names being called up properly
10. More Yamaha quality styles available for purchase via internet
11. If I'm in style variation C and I press BREAK and then button C again, there is no auto fill in. It sounds bad. Fix this.
12. If a registration style cannot be located, it would be nice to have a screen stating this and the option to locate the style. This instead of the style just not calling up.
13. Ability to meld styles and change groove in real time.

Please add as you see fit.

Beakybird

#130286 - 11/27/04 06:46 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Added to Larry's list:

* Vocal volume control knob right up front similar to Tyros.

* Supertwist, high resolution, backlighted screen.

* Pre-amped auxiliary input.

* Higher wattage power supply.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#130287 - 11/27/04 09:33 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
jnuy1010 Offline

Loc: Selangor, Malaysia
Suggested features of future upgrade of PSR3000:
*Greater than 96 polyphony
*3 Right Hand Voices
*2 Left Hand Voices
*Sturdier Music Rest
*Change the color of red in a black background when entering registration names
*2 or more USB ports version 2.0
*Addition of Oriental preset voices & styles
*Wireless Bluetooth connectivity
*More than 1 year limited warranty period

#130288 - 11/27/04 09:50 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
Dnj Offline

Didi anyone add in the approx $3000.00 price tag if all these features are included if at all?

#130289 - 11/27/04 10:22 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by jnuy1010:
Suggested features of future upgrade of PSR3000:

I should think so... it already has 128 !!

------------------
drdalet

#130290 - 11/27/04 10:42 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
The wishes of Gary are good for me too.

Chico

#130291 - 11/28/04 01:43 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
Beakybird Offline

It would be impossible to give everyone everything and keep the price the same. The only hardware changes I requested are:

1. Three dedicated buttons that were already on the PSR2000/2100
2. Extra footswitch inputs or a dedicated footswitch controller that can be purchased separately
3. More voice memory to accomodate Natural! voices from CVP keyboards. Now memory is extremely cheap, and we know that the successor to the PSR3000 is going to have more voice memory. How much more, we don't know.

Gary asked for a higher resolution tilt screen. LCD screen technology is improving. See http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/organic_OLEDs_1.htm for the next wave of technology.

Providing a tilt screen would cost more money. How much, I don't know. How many more keyboards Yamaha would sell having one, I don't know.

I would personally second Gary's wish for a sturdier power supply with a three-pronged plug and thicker cables. I don't care if it weighs a lb. more, I don't want to ever worry about it fizzing out - and I have a backup. I don't want to have to walk to my car in the middle of a gig to fetch another power supply.

The mic knob on the front panel makes sense to me.

Quote: Suggested features of future upgrade of PSR3000:
*3 Right Hand Voices
*2 Left Hand Voices
*Sturdier Music Rest
*Change the color of red in a black background when entering registration names
*2 or more USB ports version 2.0
*Addition of Oriental preset voices & styles
*Wireless Bluetooth connectivity
*More than 1 year limited warranty period

I think some of jnuy1010's recommendations are off. The board has 128 voice polyphony. The board only has 3 month labor and 1 year parts warranty as it is. I would be happy if they extended it to 1 year labor and parts. It would be nice if they had the option of purchasing an extended warranty or offered the Survival Pack like they used to.

The extra voices on the right hand is sensible as the Yamaha top line keyboards have had this for a long time.

As more people from the near and far East settle in Europe and America, it would make sense to incorporate the voices and styles into the PSR3000's successor - not that I would use them.

I think that this internet connectivity is overblown and is mostly a gimmick. Yamaha isn't selling anything there that you cannot get at yamahamusicsoft.com. Nevertheless, doesn't the PSR3000 already allow Bluetooth connectivity with the right adapter?

I think that the music rest is pretty sturdy as it is. Sturdier than the PSR2000/2100.

I would like to hear more thoughts on what you would like even if it has been mentioned already.

Beakybird

#130292 - 11/28/04 08:15 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,

Great link to the LCD technology advancements--I hope Yamaha and other manufacturers jump onboard this train.

I guess the next question to forum members would be [b]"How much would you be willing to pay for a keyboard with all of the above features?"[\b] I for one would be more than happy to shell out as much as I paid for my old PSR-5700, which if I recall correctly listed for about $3,200 and the street price was about $2,795. I purchased mine shortly after they were discontinued and paid $2,200. So for me, $2,700 to $3,000 would not be out of the realm of a fair price, especially with all the above features.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#130293 - 11/28/04 10:41 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Add a small software feature which enables you to see 4 icons on the screen showing the name of the 4 OTS's when a style is selected...as per Korg.
At the moment you have no idea what the OTS's are until you have already pressed on of the OTS buttons.

#130294 - 11/28/04 10:51 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Add a small software feature which enables you to see 4 icons on the screen showing the name of the 4 OTS's when a style is selected...as per Korg.
At the moment you have no idea what the OTS's are until you have already pressed on of the OTS buttons.

Good Observation Graham and it would be a very usefull feature.....but remember they will never put all these things into a KB thats bad business...they have to "bait us" along thru the years alway making the consumer left wanting more in this game....sure they KNOW and CAN DO all this stuff, BUT its all about Making Money first

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online