SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#130175 - 01/06/04 05:49 AM Re: What are your: Ten MOST FREQUENTLY Requested Songs !
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I live on the south coast in the UK and it has been a favourite spot for weekly senior citizen holiday breaks who travel down from the north for many years. There are plenty of hotels where they stay that organise evening entertainment for them and these have provided me with varios jobs from time to time in between residencies (Ok - I admit it - I'm too lazy to cart around equipment).

Although I get a lot less requests now for these (as I get nearer and nearer to their average age the requests have changed) I used just hate playing the following TYPES of songs at these events even though the audience loved them 'cos they could dance to them:

Pride of Erin Waltz
St Bernards Waltz
The Valleta
Mayfair Quickstep
Military Twostep/Lancers
Progressive Barn Dance
The Birdie Dance (Aaaaarrrrrghhhhh)

Boy, was I glad to leave those behind !!!

I also disliked the usual stuff like Spanish Eyes etc but at least you could vary the rythmn or tempo.......

I like the Captain's idea of playing "two for them and one for me"

KF

#130176 - 01/06/04 07:05 AM Re: What are your: Ten MOST FREQUENTLY Requested Songs !
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hmmm, I LIKE playing "House of the rising Sun", especially with a good organ sound. Freebird too. I like the songs best that allow us to express ourselves a little on our instruments.

We're more blues and rock based than anything else, but we will do the slow tunes and the classics if the venture calls for it. Normally, we aren't expected to because we bill ourselves as a blues and blues rock act.

AJ

#130177 - 01/07/04 02:43 PM Re: What are your: Ten MOST FREQUENTLY Requested Songs !
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
GlennT...you're right...never played a nursing home in my life...at my age today, that hits a little too close to home!

captain Russ
"junior member"

#130178 - 01/07/04 08:58 PM Re: What are your: Ten MOST FREQUENTLY Requested Songs !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Aw...try it. They might call you "Sonny" !
(then again, they might recruit you !)

Just stay clear of the TV screen when "Wheel of Fortune" or Jeopardy" comes on ..... it's a like a cult following with the "seasoned" citizens !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online