SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130131 - 09/20/03 09:29 AM Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I finally bought a Roland VA5 and am loving it except for the frustration I am having in figuring out how to do certain things. I hope someone can help me. Heres what I cant do.

1.Teach me how to select upper 2

2.Teach me how to store 4 preset tones to the internal styles and more importantly (to me) styles on disk. Heres another problem..suppose I am playing a style and select an alto sax (b12) and change to strings...and decide to change back to alto again..when I select B1 it still selects the default instrument.

3. Every time i switch the keyboard on I have to change the MFX setting becuase I prefer "enhancer"...but it always resets it to another mfx.

4. I have given up with the 16 track sequencer. I loaded a music style from the stiffy disk and went to the 16 track sequencer,recorded a song...all fine...now the problem starts...My "unfinished" song took up 10 tracks...which means I have 6 tracks left to record extra instruments..this is where I am lost. When I select one of the free tracks it already has another instrument assigned to it ?? and when i do change that instrument and then record that track it is very very very soft...can hardly hear it in the final song.

5. Teach me more about the features of the 16 track sequencer....for eg how do i delete certain portions of a track (this i would do if i make a mistake when playing)

#130132 - 09/20/03 10:04 AM Re: Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rolandfan Offline

2 more questions.

1. Can the 128 performance memories be assigned even to styles from a disk ? How do I set up a performance memory?

2. My E86 styles dont sound the same on the VA5. I remember someone here saying that you can change the CC of the style ? What is CC and how do I change the CC of the style so it is exactly like a E86 (SC55).

#130133 - 09/20/03 04:09 PM Re: Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rolandfan Offline

How do I check to see what version my VA5 is ?

#130134 - 09/21/03 02:22 PM Re: Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I have a Va7 , but quite honestly I haven't had a chance to use it yet to any great degree, and I haven't even tried using the sequencer.

Maybe you can get some help thru
http://www.daytonamusic.com/rag/

or there is a VA7 Yahoo user group as well.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#130135 - 09/23/03 02:26 PM Re: Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rolandfan Offline

Thanks!! The guys over at the VA7 group answered all my questions

#130136 - 09/23/03 10:21 PM Re: Please help me with my Roland VA5....I am so confused..Need Urgent Help
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
That's great.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
Thanks!! The guys over at the VA7 group answered all my questions

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry