SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#161100 - 09/20/03 08:49 AM A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Just wanted to extend a sincere word of thanks to Paul Davis, District Sales Manager of General Music. Paul took about three hours out of his very busy schedule to pay a visit to our home last evening and demonstrate the Genesys arranger keyboard to a group of seven of us.

Paul had posted about a week or so ago that he would be traveling from Eugene Oregon to San Diego and offered to stop in along the way, wherever possible, to acquaint interested persons with the Genesys. We took him up on his offer and so on his way back up North he stopped in to see us (near Santa Barbara) and brought his prototype keyboard for demo purposes. Another SynthZone member, Eric B., drove up from Ventura and was part of Paul’s audience as well.

I must say we were all impressed by the wealth of features and capabilities built into the Genesys. And Paul pointed out that the unit he was demonstrating had significant capacity for expansion since it was utilizing only about 10% of the total capacity that had been designed into it. The claim to fame of the Genesys seems to be its flexibility and total array of capabilities.

We didn’t envy Paul the drive he had in store for himself when he left about 10:00 PM. He had to get to San Francisco for a 10:00 AM meeting the next morning. So he had about 350 miles to cover, in addition to getting some sleep along the way. All in all it sounded like he had a whirlwind trip and we really appreciated the opportunity to meet him and learn about the latest arranger from General Music.

Paul C.

#161101 - 09/20/03 10:59 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Thank you Paul for those kind words, and your hospitality. You were all great. Thanks again.

Paul

#161102 - 09/20/03 11:05 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Paul,

Great to hear that you, Eric, and the Santa Barbara gang were fortunate to have Paul Davis give you an in person Genesys demo.

I spoke with Mr Davis today & he advised me that he wasn't able to fit in a Genesys demo in the San Francisco area on this trip, but said 'he'd be back', just as Arnold Schwarzenegger promises. I'm looking forward to hearing the Genesys demo then. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-20-2003).]

#161103 - 09/20/03 05:51 PM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
It is wonderful to hear how GeneralMusic represented by Paul are going the extra miles to make the Genesys heard. This is an excellent customer service. Thank you SBPC for the report.

Thank you Paul for your hardwork. I wish you and General Music the best.

#161104 - 09/21/03 03:02 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is great that Paul went out of his way to demo it for you all. I wish I had known about it as I am in Ventura myself and would have driven up.

#161105 - 09/21/03 07:28 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nigel, you should read the forum more often as they were talking about it before-hand.
Wish I could have been there but it's several thousand miles.
DonM

#161106 - 09/21/03 11:53 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
I will be back in the area again soon. I will again post when I make the trip. I am heading to Casper, WY... and if there is anyone in that fine city looking to check out the genesys, I will have a new one with me.

Regards,

Paul

#161107 - 09/21/03 06:11 PM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
When you get to Western Michigan give me a holler. Tom

Tom

#161108 - 09/22/03 03:46 AM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Nigel, you should read the forum more often as they were talking about it before-hand.
Wish I could have been there but it's several thousand miles.
DonM

I read ALL the forums as much as I can as well as maintaining http://www.synthzone.com and working a day job programming video games as well so it can be easy to overlook the details of some discussions. If only there were more hours in a day

And to make sure I have absolutely no spare time left I play in a live rock band called Red Rhythm around Ventura County.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-22-2003).]

#161109 - 09/22/03 01:15 PM Re: A Thank You to Paul Davis of General Music
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Nigel,

Paul hosts quite often music gatherings at his house. If you are interested I'll let you know if something interesting comes up.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online