SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13012 - 03/16/04 11:13 AM Can I control my keyboards settings from a computer/sequencer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Casio 611 keyboard which I use for live performances. For each song I perform I have to change the Tempo, Tone, Rhythm and Transpose settings. To save time and to avoid mistakes on my part I was hoping to "automate" the changing of these settings. Ideally I would like to be able to have the settings for all my songs stored somewhere and then select each song which in turn would setup the keyboard. Is this possible? How would I do it? Thanks for any input. - Ray Imperato

#13013 - 03/17/04 09:35 AM Re: Can I control my keyboards settings from a computer/sequencer?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Hi Ray,
I don't know anything about the 611, but it sounds as though you need an external midi sequencer, perhaps a laptop. Of course this also assumes the 611 is fully capable of reading all standard midi messages, such as bank and program changes, channels, velocities, etc.

Best wishes.
Bob
<><

#13014 - 03/17/04 01:25 PM Re: Can I control my keyboards settings from a computer/sequencer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. My Casio CTK-611 has Midi but I cannot see in the Midi Implementation Chart which MIDI functions will change the Tempo, Rhythm, Tone and Transpose. These are the only buttons I'm looking to "automate". The chart consists of 4 columns labeled FUNCTION, TRANSMITTED, RECOGNIZED and REMARKS. Under FUNCTION is listed Basic Channel,Mode, Note #, Velocity, After Touch, Pitch Bender, Control Change, Program Change, System Exclusive, System Common, System Real Time, Aux, Messages. The only function that has some specific remarks is CONTROL CHANGE. The remarks under CONTROL CHANGE are Bank Select, Modulation, Data Entry, Volume, Pan, Expression, Hold1, Sostenuto, Soft Pedal, RPN LSB MSB, All sound off, Reset all controller. None of this appears to be what I'm looking for. Any advise? - Ray

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online