SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#130083 - 10/09/05 12:03 PM As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I've heard about all the Spanish guitar and trumpet shakes and Hammond Drawbars I need to hear. I want to know if Tyros2 does country music justice. Or bluegrass. I've heard enough hoky styles where the overall feel sounds like programmers enjoy making fun of country music rather than creating good styles. I'd love to hear a country texas shuffle, or a more modern Toby Keith or Faith Hill kind of style. Western swing? Any and all. How about Cajun country. Can tyros 2 do on a fiddle or pedal steel what it can do on a tenor sax? That's what I want to know.
Thanks.

#130084 - 10/09/05 12:38 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi,

click on this link, go to media clips and listen to #16 modern Country with a nice pedal steel guitar and enjoy
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%253D62119%2526CTID%253D205500,00.html

Eric

#130085 - 10/09/05 02:20 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
FAEbGBD Offline

That one I'd heard. Not bad. By the end of it though they were back to showcasing the brass, strings, and that ending even had a piccolo in it. When was the last time you ever heard a piccolo or flute in country music? The beginning of the demo sounded like Eric Clapton "change the world" or something, which isn't exactly country either. I must say though that I did enjoy the middle of it.
I'd still like to hear more of the country side of Tyros 2.

#130086 - 10/09/05 07:49 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Pretty good sounding pedal steel, IMO.

Glenn

#130087 - 10/10/05 11:43 AM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I agree totally with the issues raised in this post. Maybe the style programmers need to spend some time in Texas, Nashville, or wherever in order soak-up the nuances of western swing and the various country styles that some of us love to play.

#130088 - 10/11/05 01:00 AM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i'd go even further. do you know where can i download some (good) country styles, not necessary the newest, but decent.
can you post some links to that? tnx
by the way, i have a korg pa50

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 10-11-2005).]

#130089 - 10/12/05 09:48 AM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by J. Larry:
I agree totally with the issues raised in this post. Maybe the style programmers need to spend some time in Texas, Nashville, or wherever in order soak-up the nuances of western swing and the various country styles that some of us love to play.

They need to go to Mexico too!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Precision Mastering
http://vilo4.tripod.com/precisionmastering/

Master Your CD With Us!
Ask Me About it!
www.vicente-lopez.com

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#130090 - 12/15/05 05:18 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
FAEbGBD Offline

Here is an example of what I think could be possible on an arranger. I did it using my Roland Fantom X, which is not an arranger, but all arrangers do is play sequences. It is only a 35 second little ditty. I have the world expansion board and it has all these fiddles and pedal steel and telecasters. I've used some of these sounds before in tracks I've made in conjunction with real instruments, but I wanted to see how well i could do using only the Fantom. I threw it together in about an hour and a half and didn't quantize or anything, so it's a bit rough in places. Mostly I was trying to figure out pedal steel and fiddle techniques, as well as acoustic guitar strumming. A little texas shuffle.

Country Shuffle

#130091 - 12/15/05 05:34 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Very NICE, especially the keyboard emulation(?) of pedal steel playing . . . Wow! As far as super articulation pedal steel voice on the Tyros2, yes it's allows you to use the pitch bend wheel to trigger bending only the lowest note in a chord, to more accurately authenticate the sound of real pedal steel guitar playing. Works especially well on ballads. Though I've got absolutely no experience playing a pedal steel, I may work up the courage to share a tune on the Tyros2 utilizing pedal steel guitar. Hey, it's been my lifelong (closeted) dream to learn to play the pedal steel and work in a Country band. With the Tyros2, I guess I might be able to at least half fullfill that fantasy. FAEbGBD, thanks in advance for sharing any tips you might offer on pedal steel playing on the keyboard. - Scott

#130092 - 12/15/05 09:56 PM Re: As soon as someone gets a tyros 2....please show me some country styles.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Download some Ketron country styles. They are really good. Also, the SD1 Pedal Steel can bend one note out of three. Since the other guys are almost catching up, maybe it's time for an SD2!!!
I do plan to go audition a T2 after the New Year, but from what I've heard and read I probably won't change now.
Got a little of topic, but I do play a lot of CW and haven't found anything to compare with the Ketron CW styles.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online