SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129869 - 06/13/05 05:07 PM Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I'm needing some help in transfering files from my PC to my Tyros H/D...I finally received my USB cable, after almost 4 weeks,
and I can't seem to download my files and midifiles to my Tyros....it knows the H/D but my PC will not show the Tyros...I've tried searching the forum and found many posts on the type of H/D the Tyros will handle but not much on how to download information from PC to Tyros.....any help will be accepted greatfully...thank you...
Tony Rome

#129870 - 06/13/05 06:54 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Assuming you're runnng Windows XP, and have the Tyros connected to your PC via USB cable, when you boot up your Tyros in 'USB-Storage Mode HDD', your PC should recognize your Tyros' HD as a generic USB storage device and appear in Windows "MY COMPUTER" as a external HD. You should now be able to easily & quickly drag and drop files/folders back & forth between your PC & Tyros HD.

To boot up your Tyros in 'USB-Storage Mode HDD', you need to PRESS & HOLD DOWN the 'blue' MusicFinder button when turning on the Power button. Keep it PRESSED down until 'USB-Storage Mode HDD' appears in the LCD screen window.

Scott

#129871 - 06/13/05 08:52 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Tony Rome Offline

Scotty...thanks for the reply, however it won't work....I've tried to start the Tyros while holding down the misic finder button and it just opens to the main page and nothing more...I've tried calling you on Skype since Sat.nite but it seems that your not on line so we couldn't connect...is there something that I'm missing here that stopping me from accessing my PC to my Tyros?
Tony Rome

#129872 - 06/13/05 10:08 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Scottyee Offline

hey Tony. Strange. What OS version is currently installed on your Tyros? To check the OS Program version, select:

Function > Utility (I Button) > Owner Tab
Press & hold 'owner name' (I Button) and OS 'Program Version' should appear. The version (current) should read: 1.40. If not, download & upgrade to version 1.40 here:
http://www.yamahapkclub.com/tyros/download/os_ver140/os_verup.htm

Because of the problems with the USB connection itself, I suggest installing via floppy disk method (as outlined in the documentation link). I think upgrading to 1.40 may solve the USB problem, but if not, you may need a Tyros USB port replacement performed by Yamaha, like my Tyros needed. If yours is indeed a Tyros USB port hardware issue, Yamaha will replace it (even beyond the warranty period) as it's an official acknowledged by Yamaha issue seen on some earlier produced Tyros. Tony, keeping my fingers crossed that updating to 1.40 will solve the problem. Good luck. In the meantime, hope to catch you on Skype, perhaps tomorrow (Tuesday). - Scott

#129873 - 06/14/05 12:59 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Tony Rome Offline

Scotty....Thank you...everything A-OK...just changed the OS and everything fell right into place....thanks again....hope your gigs went well...talk to you soon....
Tony Rome

#129874 - 06/15/05 09:11 AM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Scottyee Offline

Tony, glad to hear the good news. - Scott

#129875 - 06/15/05 06:25 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Tony, glad to hear the good news. - Scott

Scott,
Just want to say...what a caring, and helpful person you are! This is what this synthzone meant to be.

Tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#129876 - 06/16/05 11:13 AM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Scottyee Offline

Tye, thanks for the kind words. Always glad to contribute what I can, when I can. What's so special about SZ is that it's such a give and take forum. Fellow musicians helping each other out. Each and every one of us has something to contribute here. It's the SUM of the parts (from arranger kb music production-performance and music equip/software purchasing advice to general computer tips to idle chat/comraderie) that makes the Arranger KB forum so special. - Scott

#129877 - 06/16/05 01:56 PM Re: Need Help With Tyros H/D....
Tony Rome Offline

DITTO...DITTO ...DITTO AND AMEN
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online