SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129458 - 10/30/05 12:16 AM CD 3 Done All Done with the PSR2000
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hi Folks...
"Butterflies in Nottingham" done... All with the psr2000... You can take a listen if you'd like... Listen "Hi Fi" if you have the band-width... Anyway, just want to let you know this little beast is still good... Like to thank those who stuck with me.... http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dcall2
After all.. This an arranger forum and done with me arranger...

Thanks..
DJ

#129459 - 10/30/05 09:27 AM Re: CD 3 Done All Done with the PSR2000
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey DJ,

I think it would be a shame if your post got lost in the current 'new keyboard' shuffle.

I've always enjoyed your vocal work for many reasons.

1 - distinct sound
2 - clarity
3 - but more than anything, the way you work it. The way you use your voice as another instrument. The way you hold notes, changing the character as the note proceeds, your lagatos, so smooth, how do you do that?

But now I'll go out on a limb here and give you a critique....I think the quality of your voice is out-shining the quality of your keyboard. As a sound-generator, the PSR2000 is showing its age, in my opinion.

But don't get me wrong, I like it. Just thinking about hearing some of your songs with an updated clean-guitar sound.

Ah funny....I just woke up my daughter cranking up Fantastic down here in my basement. She's standing in the doorway giving me the look.....

Great stuff!

-mike

#129460 - 10/30/05 05:41 PM Re: CD 3 Done All Done with the PSR2000
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks Mike for the nice words....
I remember back in the day when I posted new songs here... It was always... Why you have to yell all your songs??? Anyway,I think on this one I came to grips with pulling back on the delivery... As for the way they are done... On this I'd go into the new tune thinking this would be the melody and this would be the chorus... But after battling a tune it would come out completly diffrent than I thought it would be.... As for the smoothness of the vocal that has come with time and figuring out how to record and not yell... All I add is a bit of treb, compression and then master... The lingering voice and phrasing have always been a habit of mine and seems to have served this cd best....

Thanks for the listen Mike and thanks for helping me grow these last few years... And yes... I need a new board... Got to save me pennies for a board for the next CD... Boy, me and a tyros 2 wish I had the money... I think Midi and sound fonts is the next step...

Thanks again
DJ

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 10-30-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online