SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129354 - 10/05/03 07:23 PM Hosting
Sesom163 Offline

I have been working on some ambient electronic tracks with my new Motif ES and have sequenced a few to RealMedia. I would really like to share my stuff with you guys and get your opinions, but Im not sure where i can host the files? Any ideas? Thanks!!

Ses

#129355 - 10/05/03 10:27 PM Re: Hosting
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
If you're wanting free hosting, good luck. I don't think you will find free hosting on the Net anymore. The free hosting hayday is over IMO. But there are several out there that charge just a small fee. Do a search on www.google.com for "Low cost Web storage space". NOTE: If you find a Free hosting site realize that unequivocally they will not allow files for download. Only the paid services allow for file storage and download ability, eg., MP3, WMA, Real Audio files, Midi's, etc. And if the Free ones do allow file types to be stored, they only allow small files, usually no more than 1 mb in size. And most likely they still would not allow MP3, Real Audio files, WMA, Midi's, etc.

Best regards,
Mike

Another PS: There may be some kind hearted souls on this Forum that would be willing to post your files on 'their' Web site. You would e-mail them your file[s] and then they could post them on their site for you. Realize also that most e-mail programs, ie., Microsoft Outlook Express, etc., only allow up to 5 mb attachments. Example: They would keep your files on their site for a limited time only (say a week or so) so people have a chance to download it/them. Then they would delete it to free up space for their own files, etc. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Mike

#129356 - 10/05/03 10:37 PM Re: Hosting
Idatrod Offline

I just thought of something 'Sesom163'. www.motifator.com allows free hosting of song files if you are a member of motifator.com. You might be able to post files even if you are not a member. Any way, go to the site and click on Forum at the top. Then scroll down to the "Song" Forum. That is where you can post song files for free. Again, you may need to sign up to become a member to do so. They even allow up to like 7 or 8 mb file size uploads. Since you have a Motif ES, you will be a shoe in. Once you post your files then simply let the Members here at SynthZone know about it/them so we can check them out if we so desire. Again, I think people need to be a member of Motifator.com to upload files and they might even need to be a member to be able to 'download' song files. But I'm not positive about that. Any way; just thought I'd mention that avenue of posting files to you.

Best regards,
Mike

#129357 - 10/06/03 07:33 AM Re: Hosting
Sesom163 Offline

ah, I believe I've found a friend who will host, as long as not too many people are downloading.
http://www.aftrmth.net/~moses/CanvasChart.RM
http://www.aftrmth.net/~moses/Forgiven.RM

let me knw whatcha think, thx :0

ses

#129358 - 10/06/03 08:33 AM Re: Hosting
Idatrod Offline

Hi

First off there seems to be a lot of 'clashing' sounds in the Mix Sesom163. I know it takes a while to figure out things on a new Keyboard. I owned the Motif ES7 for a short while and I had a great deal of problems trying to figure out the recording aspects of it. Pattern mode, Performance mode, Master mode, etc. Also on the second song, even though the song 'time' was listed at over 8 minutes long, the song was in actuality less than three minutes playing time. So you may have forgotten to "stop" the Sequencer after you finished your song???

PS: On the second song I liked the String fills and the Oboe sound but the other sounds 'cluttered' the Mix with unnecessary "noise" IMO.

Thanks for posting your songs Sesom163. I look forward to hearing more of them. The Motif ES is a powerful Workstation. Another hint: If you can; try making '.mp3's' instead of real audio files. .Mp3 is a better quality format than real audio and will improve the overall sound of your songs.

Best regards,
Mike

#129359 - 10/06/03 03:55 PM Re: Hosting
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Earthlink still offers 10Meg free hosting to suscribers..............Since I only deal in midi and style files 10Meg is enough................maybe not for mp3 or other greedy media types..............

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online